Want To Start My Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow74

Jr Member
Hello Im new to the forums and I have been wanting to build my own MC costume for a long time now, but im only 12, so my supplys are limited but i can afford clay and stuff like that. I dont care how detailed the suit would be. I just want a suit I can wear, Even a helmet would be the coolest thing ever for me to wear.

Im not asking for anyone to build a suit for me or anything, but just explain of what I need and things like that.
I would very appreciate it, and Ive been looking at bunches of posts and it seems a little hard but I think if I take my time with it, I could make a helmet or something.

The reason im not buying a suit is because first:im 12, and only 4ft 8in and I dont think anyone sells things that small. Second: Id be a lot more proud if I just made one myself.

I know everyone is going to say "start with PEP" but I really dont want to waist my time.
I know that id need padding and a visor for the helmet and armor, Im not stupid.
I know this takes months to do, but like I said already, If I take my time I could make something.
My dad has a bunch of tools i can use for sculpting and smoothing (using sand paper stuff) the armor.

So like I said can someone take me through what Id need (materials, tools, etc..) stuff like that I would totally love you (not like that lol)

READ EVERY STICKY AND THEN ASK SPECIFIC QUESTIONS. No one is going to tell you how to completely make full MC armor. Why? Because it can all be found in the stickies.

pepboy said:
READ EVERY STICKY AND THEN ASK SPECIFIC QUESTIONS. No one is going to tell you how to completely make full MC armor. Why? Because it can all be found in the stickies.

I dont think I asked for someone to tell me how to make one .. I asked what I would need to make it like tools and materials..

Last edited by a moderator:
Pepboy is correct, although he could have gone about it a little nicer. You should be able to find everything you need in the stickies. If you don't want to do pep as you said, just look under the molded armor section.

Take your time, search through the various stickied topics, and you'll find most of the answers to your questions. Learning how to sculpt is both easy and difficult. You've got to make something from a block of nothing.

Start small, the Spartan helmet has lots of angles, undercuts, etc. Make something fairly simple in shape, then work up to something more complex.

It can be frustrating at first, but remember, you can't be a veteran in anything without being a rookie first!

Just so you know, clay scupting isnt as easy as BlueRealm shows it to be. like Hollis said, it can be frustrating. Let me add to that. It will be frustrating, if you are a neat freak like me though, but if you just want a helmet and you dont really care about details then go for it. Again like everyone said, read the stickies. I would help but since there are so many stickies that help answer your question I wont go into detail about anything.

I'd just like to also add in that all of the stickies are worth reading.
Afterwards, if you still have questions, you should create a thread.

It's Lurk, Read, then Ask Questions

Everybody else- All these n00bs finding our site due to Halo 3 are good for us as a community. Just be patient with them.
My temper gets short too, but no need to rip their heads off.

Stickies ftw.

Believe me bud, I've been looking forward to my own suit too... but, I can tell it would take me a long time to complete something such as a full suit of MJOLNIR armor. All it takes is a little patience. And about the 4' 8" thing... I am terribly sorry.

Anyways, just follow the instructions you find on the tuitorials.

Laziness simply wont cut it, you gotta have determination to do it.

In addition, a good budget would be nice. Like me, im only 15, but I help my dad rehab houses, so I get cash that way. Believe me, these good suits can drain ur wallet without a job.

pepboy said:
hmmm...i don't believe i care. hmmmm

Wow this is a great way to welcome new people to the fold.

Your best bet is to read the stickys at the top of the forums they are a wealth of information, if there are any other questions you have send them to any of the veterans im sure they would be willing to point you in the right direction. If you have any feel free to PM me and I can do what I can to help ya out, I cant speak for Sigma but im pretty sure he would do the same.

Also keep in mind that Molded armor is very expensive, it doesnt seem so when your planning it out but it quickly adds up. Im not even done with my Helm yet and I am easily 500 deep into my project

yeah, just make sure you read as much as you can before you ask for help. People are less inclined to offer help if it seems you are unable to help yourself. so, read read read, come up with a plan, then ask questions.

:eek: im 12 years old too!
i really want to make a suit myself :)
i have tons of time on my hands, so if u can get a list of the materials can u give me a list too?
thanks!

hey do you have aim, MSN, or Yahoo?

SmileyFace69 said:
:eek: im 12 years old too!
i really want to make a suit myself :)
i have tons of time on my hands, so if u can get a list of the materials can u give me a list too?
thanks!

hey do you have aim, MSN, or Yahoo?

just do a search bud, you will find everything you need, but some of the things you need to make the armor are very toxic, i don't think your parents would be too hot on the idea of you working with toxic resin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back