War Machine Armor Build - (Iron Man 2) -W.i.p

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can get away without using bondo if you're on a strict budget.

The war machine is not as organic as the mark 3 suit.

So there are a lot of sharp edges you might lose with bondo if you're not good with fillers/sanding.

I personally am going to use it because I want to give it some details if I can.

If you're not just add an extra coat or 2 of resin so you can have some extra layers to sand and prime and paint.

In the end it'll still look like what its supposed to look like bondo or no bondo and as long as you're happy with it.

You'll just have a broken hand..

Not from all the work..but

From all the high fiving you'll be doing while wearing the suit

Good luck

hey, ive gone through this thread and loved it. It just looks amazing. I do have a few questions, though. What are you going to do for an under suit? are you going to do just a plain black undersuit, or are you going to detail it? Also, another question is what might be done with the eyes. this is the first ironman-related thread i've ever seen, so I don't know anything. One more question: have you thought of making a helmet that opens up like it does in the movie? thats going overboard, i guess, but it would be cool. Anyways, i'm watching, and keep up the awesome work :)

Stealth, I got a question.

I'm building my first suit (War Machine) for a friend of mine, using your resin alternative method. Do you think if I use the liquid plastic, then a layer on thin foam rubber on the inside with additional liquid plastic for strength it would be stronger or would you say just the liquid plastic is enough?

tomb-stone said:
hey, ive gone through this thread and loved it. It just looks amazing. I do have a few questions, though. What are you going to do for an under suit? are you going to do just a plain black undersuit, or are you going to detail it? Also, another question is what might be done with the eyes. this is the first ironman-related thread i've ever seen, so I don't know anything. One more question: have you thought of making a helmet that opens up like it does in the movie? thats going overboard, i guess, but it would be cool. Anyways, i'm watching, and keep up the awesome work :)

I think a full body Cool suit... Undearmour I think it is called would be perfect.

Might need neoprene braces for your elbows and knees... and maybe something like sorbothane to assist with the weight on the shoulders.

Black mechanics gloves and some boots with lift, and Bob's your uncle :)

Eyes and visor servo can be controlled using a servo controller from Hyperdyne systems. When the visor is up, the eye LEDs switch off, and go on when in the down position. Not easy, but not al that hard either, depending on your aptitudes.

Last edited by a moderator:
so some people do make helmets that open? Sweet. Anyways, what i meant is, is there a way to get the look of the white eyes with the red outline? I know it can be done with the chest, but how about the eyes? Also, what's going to be done about the minigun? its on a swivel that is in the back-piece, and i noticed that the pepakura file doesn't have that. Will one be modified to include a place for that?robo3687 has a picture of it on page 5

tomb-stone said:
Also, what's going to be done about the minigun? its on a swivel that is in the back-piece, and i noticed that the pepakura file doesn't have that. Will one be modified to include a place for that?robo3687 has a picture of it on page 5

It would be more practical to make one yourself from PVC pipes and such instead of pepping a mini gun

kind of overkill in my opinion to pep that

Whatever happend to creativity and ingenuity? :p

i didn't mean pep the minigun itself, i meant the place to place the arm on which it rests xD in example... heres an image to show what it is i'm talking about. I looked into it some more, and you can go to hunters lair and look at how they do the predator shoulder cannon. hyperdyne sells a servo-control system for a moving shoulder-cannon, but like i said, that is like holy-status. anyways, here's a picture showing what it is i'm talking about. also, notice the amunition goes into the back. anyways, im watchin from the sidelines, and keep up the amazing work :)

warmachine-servo-arm-1.jpg

sorry man, I misunderstood. I apologize for my assumption :)

Hyperdyne eh?...sounds evil, isn't that the company from Terminator 2. I'm probably wrong though

I dont think I'm gonna go that extreme with my suit. I want to enjoy wearing it and not worry about too many gizmos and do dads. it will rotate though. Don't know it will move left and right

lol, i don't blame you for not wanting to go all out xD did i mispell it? It should be hyperdyne. Anyway, you should look at them, though. they have voice-changers on their site as well. but their thing is specifically for moving up and down, or you can change it to left and right. if you have two, you can make it have full movement, but w/e. anyways, how are you going to go about mounting it, and feeding the ammunition into the back?

CYBERDYNE!

Thanks Ian. I was too lazy to check.

as for the gun. I'll probably get to it...when I get to it :)

I will look up hyperdyne though, thanks for the info

lol, you didn't realize hyperdyne was a reference to the electronics company that created the terminators in the terminator series before they were erased by john and sarah conor in the second movie and were replaced by the government in the third, even though hyperdyne is just cyberdyne with the c changed to an h god im such a nerd and this sentance has the worst grammar ever. period. anyways, i have a bunch of insane, over-the-top ideas for an odst helmet. if you want, i can run that by you some time. check out my theory post no one ever replied to. (goes into a corner and cries). anyways, can't wait to see this project come out. :)

yea. i think that would be just amazing. unfortunately, its been about a year and i still havn't been able to try it out, and also, it wasn't seen as much as i hoped it would be. maybe later in the summer, ill re-introduce it with a more easily comprehended discription. but go ahead and read it. i think it would be dificult but well worth it.

tomb-stone said:

tomb-stone said:
so some people do make helmets that open? Sweet. Anyways, what i meant is, is there a way to get the look of the white eyes with the red outline? I know it can be done with the chest, but how about the eyes? Also, what's going to be done about the minigun? its on a swivel that is in the back-piece, and i noticed that the pepakura file doesn't have that. Will one be modified to include a place for that?robo3687 has a picture of it on page 5

tomb-stone said:
i didn't mean pep the minigun itself, i meant the place to place the arm on which it rests xD in example... heres an image to show what it is i'm talking about. I looked into it some more, and you can go to hunters lair and look at how they do the predator shoulder cannon. hyperdyne sells a servo-control system for a moving shoulder-cannon, but like i said, that is like holy-status. anyways, here's a picture showing what it is i'm talking about. also, notice the amunition goes into the back. anyways, im watchin from the sidelines, and keep up the amazing work :)

warmachine-servo-arm-1.jpg

tomb-stone said:
lol, i don't blame you for not wanting to go all out xD did i mispell it? It should be hyperdyne. Anyway, you should look at them, though. they have voice-changers on their site as well. but their thing is specifically for moving up and down, or you can change it to left and right. if you have two, you can make it have full movement, but w/e. anyways, how are you going to go about mounting it, and feeding the ammunition into the back?

hey stealth ima hi-jack ur thread a bit. :D

@ tomb-stone watch the video on this link ;)

STEALTH you are pure awesomeness man! :D ;)

BTW...are you gonna have a moving parts system similar to King cobra's?

It would be epic if you two tag-teamed together at a con as both of your costumes(And ithica's) are really top notch.

All three of you have Inspired my friend and I to start making A War Machine and Iron Man duo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back