8 days from today, all cell phone numbers are being
released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales
calls.

......YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell
phone:888-382-1222.

It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your
time.
It blocks your number for five (5) years.
You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked.
You cannot call from a different phone number.

HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS.
It takeS about 20 seconds.

Oh I thought this was something about cellphones giving of small amounts of radiation which thus will give you cancer, never-mind then.

I agree i remember this from a while ago, besides i already get telemarketers. Acutally this may be a way to trick people into registering for telemarketers.

Thats my conspiracy side talking. :dee:

Besides, getting on the do not call list doesn't protect you from getting promotional calls from the companies that you already have contracts with.

I'm on the list but I still get 2-3 calls a day from Verizon and Comcast and the like. They claim 'it's not telemarketing' because they're calling me about the plan I already have... and trying to get me to upgrade.

I find the best thing to do is to ask them to hold on for a second and put down the phone and walk away... it wastes their time and the companies money and send a clear message.

Course, this wouldn't work with a cell....

or you can just act like your a cop investigating a crime scene and ask how do you know this person
or act liking your yelling at one of your kids and say hold on and just yell more
or take a load speaker and put it to the phone

something i like to do once in awhile :mrgreen:

or you could take a candy wraper and star crunching it against the speaker and say " hello? I think youre breaking up. Hello.", then just hang up.

One way to prevent this is to take their number and tell them if they call again you'll sue for harasment and all that good stuff. lots of people made some cash doing this.

or you can ask them for there numaber so you can call them at dinner time or wake them up on there day off

you know for any automated call that you recieve, if you wait long enough it will say "if you wish to be added to the "do not call list press #""
just thought id say that :D

I talk like a pirate...when anyone calls...but especially for telemarketers...

Sometimes I speak in German too...

link4044 said:
or you can just act like your a cop investigating a crime scene and ask how do you know this person
or act liking your yelling at one of your kids and say hold on and just yell more
or take a load speaker and put it to the phone

something i like to do once in awhile :mrgreen:

haha that works.

what i did was it was fourth of july and i had a few firecracker i put one right nest to my phone lit it and then started screaming and hung up. that was funny

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back