weapon support

Status
Not open for further replies.

blowing bomb

Jr Member
hello,
i am making the halo 3 assault rifle! im gonna resin the outside and fill the inside up with expanding foam but i heard i could mess up the gun any know what i could use to stop it miss shaping and should i split the gun into pieces first to make it easier?

Be patient, it's only been an hour. It's also rather early in the US and Canada, which is where most of the members come from. Many won't answer until they get home from work, washed the car, went out with the dog and had dinner.

This is why:

010-3.jpg

The foam had the open end of the helmet and the interior to expand but chose to go up, breaking through several layers of fiberglass. It can and most likely will destroy your AR

Attachments

• 010-3.jpg
    010-3.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 114
Expanding foam is a pain for filling. Most of the people I see use it well are only using it externally and sanding it down. I tried to do a mannequin with it, and it got totally warped. Not only does it expand unpredictably, it will contract slightly. It stuck to the innards of my dressform, then sucked them inward as it cured. If you're already using resin, might as well stick with it. Once you have enough of it built up on the outside, why not just pour some into the gun and slush a few layers around the inside?

put a couple layers of resin on the outside then mix up some rondo and carefully pour it into the gun.
youre going to have to do this in layers to prevent warping.
it hardens up really nicely

The other option I see is cutting the rifle apart down the long axis, so you have equal halves. Put your expando foam in both sides. After it cures, cut/shave/trim the excess off, and glue it together. After that, you can finish your gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back