Weathering Tutorial By ME!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smilie120

Sr Member
hi, this is a simple paint tutorial i created to help beginners, the effects are easy to create and look very effective. The only special skill you need to know is a technique called "drybrushing"; Drybrushing is basicaly where yo wipe almost all the paint of your brush then gently smooth it over the top of the object. so lets get started.....

THICK MUCK
firstly you will need.... black spray paint/your armour colour, brown,yellow and white, a mixing pallet and a brush...And some expanding foam.

1st dab the area with expanding foam

then. give the area a basecoat (black in this case)

after this has dried start to apply the first coat of paint for the dirt. I used 2 parts brown to one part yellow and white. (drybrush this on remember!)

lastly. apply higlights of brown and white because mud is more than one colour!!

you can apply different amounts of expanidng foam i reconmend the less the beter but if you put on to much (like me) you can peel it off afterwards (wich i didnt do). also i reconmed you use a darker brown because mine looks like poo

AND THATS HOW EASY IT IS!!!!! Blam! your good to go!

--smilie120. p.s il upload a tut for easy battle dmage soon!

please comment, and I hope you like!

Your pics are a little small, hard to see what you're doing.

Could you go a little bigger with them please?

smilie120 said:
i forgot to ad more brown il give it another coat then show you guys
use edit button,

uh gj i guess its kinda chuncky tho lol

Last edited by a moderator:
tehronin said:
smilie120 said:
i forgot to ad more brown il give it another coat then show you guys
use edit button,

uh gj i guess its kinda chuncky tho lol

you can thin it out by just picking it off when your done. and i reconmend you use darker colors because min looks like poop

hmmm interesting.

can i suggest you try adams technique. he uses a textured spray to get him texture on his feet.

Ya, I use the dry brushing technique on my stuff a lot. I've been using dry brushing ever since i started. Its a really good technique to use for weathering.

xalener said:
I'd sand that down if I were you. ;-)

you dont have to sand when the expanding foam drys you can just pick it off th the desired level, i didnt do this on mine because i wanted thick cackey muck!..........

What I think he means is that the muck seems a little too thick in areas, as is it was splashed on and nowhere else got dirty. It would look more realistic if there was less of it and it was more spread out.

ShadowSniper said:
What I think he means is that the muck seems a little too thick in areas, as is it was splashed on and nowhere else got dirty. It would look more realistic if there was less of it and it was more spread out.

there is on my battlerifle.....

but i agree it is too thick but its entierly up to you how thick you make it

Smilie is just using this method to his preference.... you don't have to put it on as thick as he did...

Nice tutorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back