Werewolf7171's Armor Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
LastSpartan said:
I think the helmet looks great.

It cannot be perfect, and people don't notice these details in a convention ;)

Do you have progress pics of your helmet?

?
who?
im guessing its not him seeing as its finished..

Last edited by a moderator:
Zenzeigan said:
ah, my mistake

Spam post is Spam.

---

I LOVE the helmet. The color is amazing :eek:

It is BARELY asymmetrical. Not even worth trying to sand unless you really feel the need to.

Your helmet turned out great werewolf!
It also has some detail from the pep file!
Can't wait for your Chest Piece to be finished!

shadow8136 said:
Your helmet turned out great werewolf!
It also has some detail from the pep file!
Can't wait for your Chest Piece to be finished!

yeah the pep for the chest looks great :p keep it up :)

Zenzeigan said:
:/ i think it doesnt need any sanding

however, done some reaserch (using MSpaint) and noticed, it isnt symmetrical!!!! D:

may just be bad camera angle, or it isnt 100% symmetrical, but hey, you learn from your mistakes

and i doubt anyone will notice, unless they sit there studying it for ages like someone

IMG_0741.png

nobody will notice though, i think its perfect that i decided to stare at it for ages, lol

then, it may just be a bad camera angle, cant wait to see the rest of the suit

LastSpartan said:
I think the helmet looks great.

It cannot be perfect, and people don't notice these details in a convention ;)

Do you have progress pics of your helmet?

Yeah it is a bit off to the side, but like both of you guys said nobody is really going to notice.

LastSpartan, Sorry I don't have any progress pictures, I got so caught up in the build that I completely forgot to take pictures, the furthest in to the build I have is when I resined the outside (which I think I already posted earlier in the thread).

But thanks to everyone for their replies so far

Hey man great job on the helm. Looks alot like mine but with more attention to detail. Keep it up. Can I ask what LEDs you got and where you got them. Im not 100% happy with mine.

I am almost positive (I threw the packages away) that they are, Ultra Bright 10mm White LED's. I got them from Radio Shack. But just to let you know they have more of a focused beam of light than one that spreads out, not sure if you really care about that though. If you did use them I would suggest aiming up a bit so not to blind someone when they look at you (thats what I did).

Beautiful helm, hope mine turns out as good. Who's pep file are you using for your chest? I love the detail.

thats a good lookin' helmet ya got there, lol. Anyway, it looks excellent, its always good to see helmets that look like some acctaul work was put into them :)

Mawr said:
Beautiful helm, hope mine turns out as good. Who's pep file are you using for your chest? I love the detail.
He's using FS's HD torso, its a very good one at that, its what I'm going to be using.

RadioactiV777 said:
He's using FS's HD torso, its a very good one at that, its what I'm going to be using.
Yep it is FS's HD torso, it can be a bit tricky at times during the build but just take your time and you'll do fine.

..... Ya I think it is gone, here is what you need to do. Get a box put all of that armor in the box and mail it to me. JK That is cool Nice work.

Well I have been planing on updating for a while now and have never gotten around to it, but i finally have found some time. I haven't been abile to work on my armor as much as I would have liked to the past month or so (vacation and school got in the way) but on with the update. First off, before I get started, I just want to make sure that it isn't considered necro-posting if I'm updating my thread, so can someone justify me on that.

So anyways, I have done the first major bondo application (I still have small touch ups to do, and a couple of areas to completely smooth out), and have low grit sanded the front and some of the back. I have got the materials for the straps, and plan on instaling them after i finish low grit sanding the back.

I also have a couple questions.
1) What would be the best way to attach the straps to the actually pieces, I was thinking that embedding them in some fiberglass would do the trick, will that work?
2) The chest piece is crazy, and i was just wondering (and hoping) if it gets easier after the chest and helmet, as in bondo and smoothing, is this true?

Pictures:

Front half
P1060008.jpg

P1060009.jpg

Back half
P1060011.jpg

P1060010.jpg

Any constructive criticism is welcome.

Woah man, be really careful wen sanding through the fiberglass, I know its fine to kinda sand through it, but on my first helmet, I started sanding through and it just wore through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back