Westerfield visor debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk8er4life

IM building my westerfields helm. I want to make it look like one f the better ones. Do you guys think a HJC mounted gold visor will look beter than a spray painted one?. Like i can mount it behind it to give it a 3D look. Look at the weta vid in the vid section. Thats what he did. Picture that with the Adam paint job. How do you guys think it will look?

the west visor looks nice but i don't like the idea you really can't see out of it that well.
plus if you have paint it, you can hopefully get it prefect on the first try or else you might not see out of it at all!

This is a painted one Here. And with a gold visorHere for gold visor I think Adams paint colors and tut will look odd with a spray painted visor. I think the gold visor looks better. Thats what im talking about. Which will look better in the end? And i would purchase the gold visor so then i can see out of it better than in a painted one Ah golds a bum link. Well go to gallery on there site and click on the pic that says new visor. enlarge it and thats what i mean

ok...went to the web site...cool new pics...i see what you mean by putting the moto vis. behind the west visor.
what they had look good in the pic. if you could match them up very close together it should work i would think.
the paint look "cartoony". i'm not saying that bad and good. the painted visor to me looks like MC just came right out of the TV wear a gold moto visor looks more like a "real person". ((get what i'm sayin'?))

i think you could do both, just do the one you like the best!

iamyourcousin228 said:
IM building my westerfields helm. I want to make it look like one f the better ones. Do you guys think a HJC mounted gold visor will look beter than a spray painted one?. Like i can mount it behind it to give it a 3D look. Look at the weta vid in the vid section. Thats what he did. Picture that with the Adam paint job. How do you guys think it will look?

Im working on a new visor mold right now, Ill keep you updated if I remember. Im going to use industrial face shields as thr donor plastic as its rigid, but still soft, and should be good formolding, whereas plexigla get really brittle when you heat it up, and can crack if its heated up unevenly.

Last edited by a moderator:
STOP you can have the west and see out of it to. when painting mask off the middle section. paint it then remove the masking to reveal the clear middle section with gold outer sections. now take some tint and apply!!! yeah a 3d good looking visor!!!

Toss the clear plastic one away, the best is to buy their gold one or a hjc one, which are both the same, I think....

Anyways, it fits their helmet, so just use that, that will give you a chiefy look, using their clear one looks odd because it's puffed out and not against the gold one if you use both, just use the gold hjc and not the clear one.

Chewie's Westerfield armor with the double HJCs to see how awesome it looks.

Here

For the regular Visor look just check out Westerfieldstudios.com

chewdog did it good. Just do what I had told you in chat and use hjc visor with the sticker that damasterchief is selling.

The chin area of westerfield kits look funny to me, like the chin's square piece just sticks out, but other than that, the helmet on that site looks nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back