What can I use to cut my visor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aluminum cutters.
btw, if you want to save some money on visors, buy a replacement clear face shield from a hardware store, they're cheap and tough, then just add Gold tint and you're good!

Or you might consider using one gold one as the base visor, and then getting a cheaper clear one to go on top.

Ironcobra3000 said:
Aluminum cutters.
btw, if you want to save some money on visors, buy a replacement clear face shield from a hardware store, they're cheap and tough, then just add Gold tint and you're good!
Where do you get gold tint?

Last edited by a moderator:
[attachment=326:high_spe...tter_199.jpg]

If you have a dremel use the 199 high speed cutter. This thing will zip through the visor with no melted plastic that is left behind by the cut off wheels and leaves a super clean cut. This cutter is about 4$ at Home Depot and last a long time. Also cuts fiberglass as well. Fits the 1/8" collet on the dremel. Standard collet.

bikelomen said:
[attachment=326:high_spe...tter_199.jpg]

If you have a dremel use the 199 high speed cutter. This thing will zip through the visor with no melted plastic that is left behind by the cut off wheels and leaves a super clean cut. This cutter is about 4$ at Home Depot and last a long time. Also cuts fiberglass as well. Fits the 1/8" collet on the dremel. Standard collet.

Wow, I may use that. Thanks. This thread is really useful.

But I don't have a dremel and I'm using my friends tools... He's got an angle grinder that I used to trim the edges on my helmet... And some other sanding bits that we can just put on his drill... :\...

I bet that bit would fit in his drill... :\...

Ironcobra3000 said:
Aluminum cutters.
Can you find a replacement clear face shield at Walmart and where can you find a Gold Tint?

imMonkeyGOD said:
Can you find a replacement clear face shield at Walmart and where can you find a Gold Tint?

He's got one like this
electric_drill.png

You gotta turn the end so that it clamps the bit... :\

bikelomen said:
That is a 3/8" chuck but I think you are going to have a hard time controling the drill to cut accurate. I would go realy slow the face shield cost more then a dremel. You can get a Dremel at the following address for 6$

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Disp...temnumber=94076

Not the best tool but it should work fine for most people. You can get a full set for under $20.

I'm gonna take my chances... :\

I'm not gonna wait for that to come in... I only have like 9 days... :\

What aisle would it be on... :\

AISLE? Like in the store? Dont know probobly on an end cap at the end of the row or in a bin with a special sign on it. The dremel tool would be in the tool coral at Home depot by the dremels

well i wouldnt use the drill with a dremel bit, because it wont go nearly fast enough and is large and unwieldly. id recommend going with a craftsman dremel, just because i got the $20 sears one and although it feels like its about to blow up every time i turn it up fast it is so worn out... but its also probably 10 years old and is used all the time, with sears you can take back a tool even if it is 100 years old... my friend took back a hammer that was made in the 40s because the head popped off and they gave him a new hammer.

drill: very heavy and 1000-1500 rpm
dremel: lightweight and 30000-35000 rpm

of course the drill has way more torque... different tools for different uses.

sybrfreq said:
well i wouldnt use the drill with a dremel bit, because it wont go nearly fast enough and is large and unwieldly. id recommend going with a craftsman dremel, just because i got the $20 sears one and although it feels like its about to blow up every time i turn it up fast it is so worn out... but its also probably 10 years old and is used all the time, with sears you can take back a tool even if it is 100 years old... my friend took back a hammer that was made in the 40s because the head popped off and they gave him a new hammer.

drill: very heavy and 1000-1500 rpm
dremel: lightweight and 30000-35000 rpm

of course the drill has way more torque... different tools for different uses.

I don't want to spend money on tools that I probably wont use again... :\... And it might be too big of a hastle... I don't want to get one... I'm just gonna use my friends tools... I'm fine with it and I know it will work... :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back