What circuit next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gokussj5okazu

Alright, after designing (and still working on) the ammo counters, I have an urge to design more stuff, but I'm running out of ideas. Here's a few I have so far.

Automatic Helmet/Body Lights Circuit - Automatically turns on/off helmet/body LEDs based on the light outside. Can be controlled manually.

Temperature Controlled Fans - Fan speeds increase with temperature automatically.

?????(Secret) - You'll never need new batteries. ;)

Alright, so does anyone else have ideas for circuits? I can do just about anything, short of a self-contained fusion reactor. lol

Gokussj5okazu said:
Automatic Helmet/Body Lights Circuit - Automatically turns on/off helmet/body LEDs based on the light outside. Can be controlled manually.
Might waste power if on for too long.

Temperature Controlled Fans - Fan speeds increase with temperature automatically.
Good idea.

Solar power?

Last edited by a moderator:
Might want to read through this thread:
http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6329
There's lots of good material for designs there.

If you designed a wireless system to control the color of the RGB LED accent lights in all of the armor pieces from, say, a flip-up panel on the forearm.. we may just have to build it. :D

To be simple, though, a circuit to turn an LED on and off depending on ambient light conditions might be a good idea- toss in a power source and an on/off switch and it'd save a lot of hassle..

Oh, and do some SMT designs- I've always wanted to put an old toaster oven I have to use..

Posibly add a photoresistor in the light circuit to make it turn on when the level of light falls belew a certin level?
Othervise they sound good

Spartas Phalanx said:
Posibly add a photoresistor in the light circuit to make it turn on when the level of light falls belew a certin level?
Othervise they sound good

That's actually how I'm doing the automatic lights, just a good bit more complicated. I designed it with a standard switch as well to override the automatic portion.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(QUOTE(Gokussj5okazu @ Mar 12 2008 @ 06:09 PM) )</div><div class='quotemain'>Automatic Helmet/Body Lights Circuit - Automatically turns on/off helmet/body LEDs based on the light outside. Can be controlled manually.

Good idea.

?????(Secret) - You'll never need new batteries. wink.gif
Solar power?</div>

Not quite solar power, but it's a rechargable system of sorts. ;)

Might want to read through this thread:
http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6329
There's lots of good material for designs there.

If you designed a wireless system to control the color of the RGB LED accent lights in all of the armor pieces from, say, a flip-up panel on the forearm.. we may just have to build it. happy.gif

To be simple, though, a circuit to turn an LED on and off depending on ambient light conditions might be a good idea- toss in a power source and an on/off switch and it'd save a lot of hassle..

Oh, and do some SMT designs- I've always wanted to put an old toaster oven I have to use..

Thanks for the link, I can't believe I haven't seen that topic. I like the RGB LED idea, they're pretty expensive though. I'll see what I can come up with anyhow. Could be pretty cool.

I'd love a wireless microphone/PA system to install in my helmet/backpiece. I started building one myself ages ago by kitbashing a good walkie talkie system. The mic should go in the helmet and wirelessly transmit to a reciever in the backpiece that would amplify the signal and use two speakers that could be mounted in the forward facing boxes above the shoulders..

Of course anyone could tear apart a nice walkie talkie to do this, but building a component specifically for this would make it easier for everyone to have a consistent PA system in their costumes..

Can't wait for the rest of your circuits! I have a whole slew of weapons that need authentic sounds/muzzle flash/recoil etc. Be in touch soon.

Gokussj5okazu said:
Alright, after designing (and still working on) the ammo counters, I have an urge to design more stuff, but I'm running out of ideas. Here's a few I have so far.

Alright, so does anyone else have ideas for circuits? I can do just about anything, short of a self-contained fusion reactor. lol

Well for fans with adjustable speed all you need in your circuit asside from resistors, etc. is a poteniometer.

-Justin

Good idea.

?????(Secret) - You'll never need new batteries. wink.gif
Solar power?

Not quite solar power, but it's a rechargable system of sorts. wink.gif

Kinetic!!! lol

It'll be like Adam's avatar, powered 100% by pelvic thrusting XD

Sean Bradley said:
I'd love a mireless microphone/PA system to install in my helmet/backpiece. I started building one myself ages ago by kitbashing a good walkie talkie system. The mic should go in the helmet and wirelessly transmit to a reciever in the backpiece that would amplify the signal and use two speakers that could be mounted in the forward facing boxes above the shoulders..

Of course anyone could tear apart a nice walkie talkie to do this, but building a component specifically for this would make it easier for everyone to have a consistent PA system in their costumes..

Can't wait for the rest of your circuits! I have a whole slew of weapons that need authentic sounds/muzzle flash/recoil etc. Be in touch soon.

Ohhh, good idea. That one will definitely be a priority. I already have several FM transceiver/receiver circuits to work from. I could also set it up with a dual broadcast frequency, that way it could also function like a COM system, just for fun. lol

tonsofhoopla said:
Well for fans with adjustable speed all you need in your circuit asside from resistors, etc. is a poteniometer.

-Justin

Ya, I probably make it manually operable like that. But in normal function, the fans will automatically speed up or slow down based on the temp in the helmet.

Vexona said:
Not quite solar power, but it's a rechargable system of sorts. wink.gif

Kinetic!!! lol

It'll be like Adam's avatar, powered 100% by pelvic thrusting XD

Rofl Now THAT would be efficient. lol

HOWABOUT some sort of strong magnet system built through electricity, that would basically allow one to attach weapons to the back of the torso? You'd just need a strong enough electric magnet to be able to hold something slightly heavy on the back, and all you'd need to do to the prop is attach maybe a metallic plate somewhere.

jimmyfu said:
HOWABOUT some sort of strong magnet system built through electricity, that would basically allow one to attach weapons to the back of the torso? You'd just need a strong enough electric magnet to be able to hold something slightly heavy on the back, and all you'd need to do to the prop is attach maybe a metallic plate somewhere.

An electromagnet isn't really necessary to get really good holding power from a magnet, especially if neodymiums are used.

Indeed. Infact, I believe I recently saw a topic around here about "cookie" magnets, there was a link to a supplier of neodymium magnets. They were about 1/2" thick and could hold something like 16 lbs.

What about some type of rechargable battery for all of this stuff. You can put a large(ish) lithium battery in that rounded back part of the helmet, then charge it using a port where the chief puts cortana.

You should also try to make this some type of all in one circuit, like a
radio/light system/fan speed moderator/rechargable thingy.

Gokussj5okazu said:

Holy ****, are you talking about a kinetic system!? Damn, your ambitious.

But the other two would be awesome. I know they can be done (I do it with Legos ^^). I might ask my dad for schems.

Spartan137 said:
Holy ****, are you talking about a kinetic system!? Damn, your ambitious.

But the other two would be awesome. I know they can be done (I do it with Legos ^^). I might ask my dad for schems.

Dang, everyone's going to be disappointed when they realize my recharging system isn't as revolutionary as everyone thinks. lol

Anyhow, on to business. I got the radio system finished, and it consists of two separate set. One set links the helmet mic to the backpack speakers. The second set links the helmet mic to anyone else's helmet headphones, up to 300 yards away.

Soo, now I'm working on the automated fans. What temperatures do you all think would be best? All I really need is a temperature at which the fans go to full power, perhaps 90*? I really have no clue myself, I've yet to wear a full helmet around enough to know.

couldn't you use a potentiometer to make the temperature point variable? imo, it's the easiest way. you could have them kick in at 20° C without the poti, and then adjust upwards.

I'd have the fan go off at 80-85.. 90 is kind of unpleasant hehe......

Btw if you want to do something hardcore, find a way to make a laser tag system that works with the ammo counters and displays your "shields" on a mini screen (but halo HUD style) in your helmet..... that would be so incredibly cool, but yeah, sounds fricken hard.

Sorry if it had been posted before, but I'm in a rush :p

A docking system in the forearm for ipods. With speakers in the backpack and a "mireless" (Like SB said :p) microphone in the helmet.

come on man i went to your site but where is the new gear. almost done with my br just have to fix some errors with my pep. maybe you could do a hud next. i love huds
:eek:

TF_Productions said:
couldn't you use a potentiometer to make the temperature point variable? imo, it's the easiest way. you could have them kick in at 20° C without the poti, and then adjust upwards.

That's kinda how it is currently, but the way I setup the circuit, it's quite sensitive. I'd like to have a baseline to set the pot at so that the average person won't have too mess with it much.

volkov said:
I'd have the fan go off at 80-85.. 90 is kind of unpleasant hehe......

Btw if you want to do something hardcore, find a way to make a laser tag system that works with the ammo counters and displays your "shields" on a mini screen (but halo HUD style) in your helmet..... that would be so incredibly cool, but yeah, sounds fricken hard.

That would be really hard. I might see if I can dig up any projects along those lines though, maybe once I get everything else done. :D

LastSpartan said:
Sorry if it had been posted before, but I'm in a rush :p

A docking system in the forearm for ipods. With speakers in the backpack and a "mireless" (Like SB said :p) microphone in the helmet.

That would be pretty cool, I might see if I can incorporate that somehow. It's going to be a bit of a mess with the two transmitters in the helmet already, and keeping frequencies from clashing, but I'll see what I can come up with.

Air_Force_Spartans said:
come on man i went to your site but where is the new gear. almost done with my br just have to fix some errors with my pep. maybe you could do a hud next. i love huds
:eek:

Well, unfortunately I don't have the prototype together yet, so I can't yet work out any small bugs in the circuit. The BR55 is up there, but only pre-orders right now. As soon as I get the proto done, I'll start making a bunch of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back