What do i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk8er4life

Hi evry one,
I just got the chest/back piece cut out. I have all the pieces on the floor wondering what do do. I know like 1 to 1 and so forth But i dont kno how to attach them together. And a mountan fold is twords the numbers right? Do i just glue them in or what? Sorry im new to pep. I started cardboard because i didnt think pep would work. Turns out its works on every thing execpt the helmet for me. Which is good because i got a westerfields ordered before i started me card board set. I will keep you posted on my progress!

mountain folds ^ like a mountain, valleys V like a valley, for my helmet i used hot glue, i see now i should of used super glue, IT IS VERY EASY TO BURN YOURSLEF WHEN WORKING IN A SMALL SPOT!!!!! it turned out good though, so super glue reccomended but if hot glue is your thing then do that

got it now thanks! do i fold all the folds then glue? Or do them step by step as i go along? Can i cover up some numbers on a mountain fold then glue the piece on it? And last should the number face me?

1) Doesn't matter, I prefer to fold the folds before I glue.

2) Not entirely sure what you mean....

3) Depends on the pattern, most of the time; yes. On Slyfo's models, unless you reverse the mountains and valleys, it doesn't.

Its jedifrazs pep models. If i glue one number to its match without flods it turns into a mess. If i fold before i cant see the numbers. I am lucky i have a smart mom, dad, cousin, aunt coming for thanks giving. The like puzzles so this will keep them busy.

Wow... Why can't you see the numbers? It should look like this...

(I just used this as an example for someone else. It's Spase's awesome Pep helm.)
gallery_3819_91_40984.jpg

I don't know WHAT the heck yours looks like... And yes, of course you fold the pieces before you glue them together.

check the stickies. theres a really good one about how to fold, called, of all things, "how to make good folds for pepakura armor." The ultamate pepakura facts will tell you just about everything you need to know.

BTW, I cut my pieces out, then did the scoring with a pen and folding, then glued them together. the numbers with the flaps glue to the underside of the matching number. if the folds are pre scored, everything will just fall into place.

Its a chest peice. Its like one piece goes to this one but then it goes to connect to all other peices. So i have the papaer and mountain folds and is on top and valley is on the bottom right. I need to reprint because i didnt size. I will evetually get the hang of it. I got some good help behind me.

I was wondering, i've got some pieces that need to be joined but they have no numbers assigned to them. What do i do? How do i join them?

SOLIP5IL said:
I was wondering, i've got some pieces that need to be joined but they have no numbers assigned to them. What do i do? How do i join them?
You shouldn't have any full pieces without numbers. Assuming you printed it right, (with numbers) the edges without numbers should be edge pieces. Meaning they're on the corners of your work, and nothing will be glued to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nicktendo said:
You shouldn't have any full pieces without numbers. Assuming you printed it right, (with numbers) the edges without numbers should be edge pieces. Meaning they're on the corners of your work, and nothing will be glued to them.

Also, sometimes there will be pieces that you think need to be sealed, and don't. Keep that in mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like the torso piece, around the neck, theres no numbers because nothing connects to the neck....

but if you have a entire piece without numbers....add numbers then, reprint them with numbers added by clikcing the button in pepakura that says "123" then click "show edge ID"

Is it supposed to look a little wierd in the beginning? Its hard for me to belive that this will be a chest piece. Is 16.93478 scale a reasonable scale for a normal built 4ft 11in boy?

I dont know, i'm 5'8'' and I used 24 scaling for my torso, it came out to like 40 cm high, I guess it would fit you, but next year your armor wont.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back