What is a cheap sealant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiden26

So I have to make a bunch of costumes out of Foam and I need something to seal them with. Plasti dip is off the list due to the price. So I was wondering if you guys know a product that is inexpensive? I would very much appreciate it if you could also send a link. Thanks!

i usually dont work with foam, so i am not sure about before or after, and i mean just like elmers glue, as long as it says polyvynil acetate i think

Use 3 or 4 thin coats of just plain white glue ( Elmer's or the like) to seal your foam, then coat with some sort of resin/plastic ( I prefer Smoothcast 321) in several thin coats. Sand, primer then paint.

So I have to make a bunch of costumes out of Foam and I need something to seal them with. Plasti dip is off the list due to the price. So I was wondering if you guys know a product that is inexpensive? I would very much appreciate it if you could also send a link. Thanks!

About 9 posts down from the top... in this forum section, titled "FOAM Builders! New hardening technique - Alternative to Plasti-dip and PVA!"

If you are simply looking to seal them, you can just use the cornstarch and polyurethane spray. That would prep you for paint.

Use 3 or 4 thin coats of just plain white glue ( Elmer's or the like) to seal your foam, then coat with some sort of resin/plastic ( I prefer Smoothcast 321) in several thin coats. Sand, primer then paint.

Would it be on the inside and outside or just the outside?

A cheap sealant is one that will last a long time and not need repairs, nor will it damage the material you crafted your build from, which would cost you more of that material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back