What is the best glue to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericgay

I am from Malaysia. I dont know what glue to stick my cardboard armor of Master Chief..so please..if anyone out there can help me, i will be thankful. What did he use to make the armor grey?[attachment=2936:suitback.jpg]What did he use to sculpt?[attachment=2937:legs.jpg]

WARNING

do not use water-based glue.. it just goes into the cardboard and does NOT stick..
try elmer's glue, especially hot glue...

the last one is a molded statue, plastic... it probably wasnt hand carved... professionally made.

I'm sure it was carved in clay, then molded, looks like everything is too big to be vacuum formed, so it was molded using liquid plastic. Also, the grey is either from the color of the plastic itself, or a base coat of paint.

[attachment=2949:bb_bondo.jpg][attachment=2950:cs1000grip2.jpg]is this bondo?but do you know where to get Bondo equipments in Malaysia? Pls give me tips on the hot glue...like how to glue it ...glue it at what compound and all....

You have to practice with hot glue, dont glob it on, just small dabs of it as hot as your gun can get it. The hotter the better because it will stay liquid longer, you dont want it cool or else it will solidify before you can attach the tabs.

yeah if you dont tolerate pain well use a low temp glue gun, and just apply a thin layer, but low temp dries faster.

Loctite Super Glue,Huh? Sounds good. "Loctite" :lol: Anyway.. :rolleyes Is it espensive? Is it like resin? Or like Shely's Super Glue? I am not sure about the spelling.

No way to, just do what we all do, use a turtle neck sweat shirt, sweat pants.

Adam and some others use a pressure suit to bulk up their chest and arms to look more like the chief.

AoBfrost said:
No way to, just do what we all do, use a turtle neck sweat shirt, sweat pants.

Adam and some others use a pressure suit to bulk up their chest and arms to look more like the chief.

So...where do we get da[attachment=3015:sixsixon...ure_suit.jpg] "Pressure Suit" ?? Is th "pressure Suit like the pic shown??

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back