What is your PERSONAL Pepakura Procedure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) download files
2) pickup a piece
3) measure my body
4) open pepakura and scale the piece I'm currently building
5) remove all numbers, look for unfolding mistakes
6) print
7) write down page number on each paper sheet
8) choose a part to begin with
9) Use pepakura as reference to cut, fold and glue the next piece.

-Download or select a file (If i have different of the same kind.)
-Measuring my bodypart/ checkin some references (Calculating scale and compare with measured length)
-Scaling the armor-piece in pepakura, change a few settings than print it.
-Cutting out all the pieces
-Folding all pieces
-Glueing them together

I do quite a bit now when I do my pep work since I have learned that unfolds may not always be the best and the slightest "boo-boo" can cause a pep to not line up properly.

► Download pep pieces. (I make sure I have all the required pieces for a costume)
► Load whatever piece I feel starting on. (sometimes I like to do the smaller pieces first since they are usually quicker for me to get done)
► Scale my piece and check other dimensions and compare it to my body to ensure that measurements seem okay for everything.
► If I don't like the current unfold, I will work on doing it my own way and make sure there are no overlapping pieces. I will also make it a smooth unfold if not already done.
► Place pieces so that I have the least amount of pages as possible.
► Print.
►Then I just pick a page, cut, score and glue as I go. :p

It can sometimes take me about an hour before I finally print out the piece and actually start working on it. In RARE cases, if I feel the need to tweak the model, I will open it in blender first, edit the model to my liking, then open it in pepakura and make it into a smooth unfold. :p hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back