What size is most common for helmet? how to measure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freezen2001

after wasting 20+ sheets of paper i realized i need to resize because i didn't want a little 12 inch helmet! I am having trouble finding out what measurements i need to take in order to resize the helmet. was wanting to do a master chief mark VI helmet. any pointers, ideas or just tell me a number that you put in would be appreciated!

Look at pics of the helmet you are making and then measure your head from chin to top. Then look at your pics and see how fat the helmet extends upwards and downwards from those 2 points (Like how much longer it is on the top and bottom) and add those numbers of mm to your head height. That usually works. Also check the stickies there's lots of scaling tutorials there!

Hey there, I've had this problem before (as have many), and you want to go into pepakura, go to 2D menu, and click recalculate parts layout. From there, measure your head from top to chin, then add about 2 cm for padding, and type that number into the height box. Your number should be between 260mm and 300mm. The helmets normally don't turn out to be bigger than 12 inches. I know it doesn't seem very big at first, but for most people this is plenty big enough. If you try it on, it should fit just fine. However, if you're looking for a life size master chief helmet, scale it at 388 cm. Hope this helps!

!2in? Thats actually around normal size for a full grown man. The average is 10-12in. Im 6'5' and i make mine 300mm tall (more or less)

thanks for the help guys! i guess i wasn't sure if the size was the interior of the helmet, or the outside dimensions! good to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back