Whats The Best Glue To Use For Pepakura?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used super glue on all my projects cept one time I ran out and used a little elmers...
I buy a four pack of super for about 1.30
It works great for me - just try a few things and see what you like...
If you do decide to use super glue I'd check out my Super Gluers Minitip though, it makes super gluing a ton easier.

DoC ByTeS said:
rubber cement.....I have to ask though of all the people here how many that seem to be real "glue pros" have any finished, pictured, and detailed peps? o_O
Apology here...

DoC....are you serious? No argument here, but i HAVE used just about every glue for my paper models in the past, and the stuff i did was much harder than pepakura ever was.
I learned that rubber cement is good, but hot glue smells so much better and is less to clean up.

Yes, i DO know my stuff and i have proof too.

Last edited by a moderator:
rvb4life said:
DoC....are you serious? No argument here, but i HAVE used just about every glue for my paper models in the past, and the stuff i did was much harder than pepakura ever was.
I learned that rubber cement is good, but hot glue smells so much better and is less to clean up.

Yes, i DO know my stuff and i have proof too.

Then I must not be talking to you. If you have work to show for it then good, a certain glue works for you. No glue is better then the next, it's choice. I was merely pointing out that if you don't know or haven't worked on pep for a long time with a single glue that it's not wise to tell others to use a certain one. If you have posted works and know what your talking about then I'm not pointing that at you. Try not to read everything as a personal attack. I was just try to help the asker to judge where he gets his opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
As other members have stated before, the glue you use is mostly your own preference, each with their own advantages and disadvantages.

I, personally, use PVA glue. You know, regular old Elmer's. It's readily available, cheap, and not that hard to work with. One has to be careful not to over/underglue the flap you're working on. I haven't got around to fiberglassing a piece yet, but PVA glue isn't very moisture resistant, but this shouldn't be a problem as long as you use a fairly sturdy paper.

If he sees this he can chime in with the exact name, but Space Drake used "Scrapbooking glue" on all his pep. It has it's own dispensor that let's you lay the glue down thin. It was clear and was moderatley thick. Seemed to work pretty well.

If I tried super glue, I would have to keep plenty of nail polish remover on hand - as I would be gluing my fingers together every 5 minutes...lol.

I normally suggest Hot Glue all the way.. but taking into consideration that you were asking for England brands, I've heard from a bunch of fellow members over the pond that hot glue sticks are super expensive over there. So with that I suggest Elmer's, super glue, or rubber cement as your viable and cost efficient options. I've been told for the HD models that Elmers is the easiest to work with, however my beef with it is that it takes too long to dry in my personal opinion (also I had a problem with Elmer's brand resin eating all my Elmers glue and lost my first helmet :\ .. others have had success though), so if you are impatient go with super for the best bet in your scenario.

Cheers,
Kensai

I use the Super Gel Control Glue.
The wet liquid kind is really bad. It's a gel-like substance so it doesn't wet the paper.
Also, it's super glue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back