Whats This...another Iron Man Build? Go Figure

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwstroud84

Alright this is my first build so please... be gentle.... anyway i decided to go with an iron man build mostly because my brothers both like iron man more than halo and i wanted to make them helmets for x-mas. any way i statrted on the helmet a week a go finished that and glassed the helmet last night. i added a coat of paint to the face plate just because. i went with the pep file that had the face plate seperate because i want to make areplica of the faceplate from the movie with all the hardware on it. I might do another pep of iron man with dungbeetles file. but anyway here is the start of my project. not the cleanest pep but im pretty good with sculpting in clay and figure i can tweek everything once i add bondo. any ideas suggestions and or tips are always welcome!

Looks good, I'm currently working on the same one (fiberglassing tomorrow). I'm not a big fan of the color paint you used, but everyone has their own likes/dislikes. Are you doing the face plate and the helmet different colors? Or the same?

idealJOSEPH said:
Looks good, I'm currently working on the same one (fiberglassing tomorrow). I'm not a big fan of the color paint you used, but everyone has their own likes/dislikes. Are you doing the face plate and the helmet different colors? Or the same?

just wanted a flat primer. im gonna bondo over it so it dosent really matter. i just had some paint handy so yeah im gonna go with the red and gold when all is said and done. do you have pics of your project? is your name joseph? mine is...

Last edited by a moderator:
i8 can't believe how many iron man suits are being made here

P.S. are you ging to wear it to the opening night of iron man 2

P.S.S. it looks really good

jwstroud84 said:
... my brothers both like iron man more than halo...

Heretic!

Just kidding. Nice work so far, remember the stickies, they will get you far!

jwstroud84 said:
just wanted a flat primer. im gonna bondo over it so it dosent really matter. i just had some paint handy so yeah im gonna go with the red and gold when all is said and done. do you have pics of your project? is your name joseph? mine is...

I'm going to take pictures of mine one I finish the last little bit of gluing I have left (2-3 pieces), and yes my name is Joseph. :p

idealJOSEPH said:
I'm going to take pictures of mine one I finish the last little bit of gluing I have left (2-3 pieces), and yes my name is Joseph. :p

Nice to meet you joe! cant wait to see the pics!

GMer56 said:
Heretic!

Just kidding. Nice work so far, remember the stickies, they will get you far!

your telling me liking halo less than iron man what the heck. its cool. the stickies have been great.

my main focus is gonna be the helmet once im happy with that im press on! might work on the rest in the same progression as the movie.

Ok! guys and gals a lil more work done on my helmet. i have bondo and begun sanding. this is round one. im gonna apply a second layer of bondo tomorrow. I really am focusing on the face plate first. i figure this is realtivly small and if i mess it up beyond repair i can easily make a new one. i have noticed some symetry issues but im hoping to be able to correct that soon. Finnally got me a dremel too! comments are always welcomed.

Here is a small update i pepped the neck today and i feel like my pep work is getting better. I have just now been able to continue to work on this project now that finals are done with! i am debating on making another helmet.... hmmm. any wayz ill post more once the halo reach beta is over! : ) enjoy the pics! as always comments and suggestions are always appreciated! PS Iron Man 2 was awesome! thinking about making a drone next! or another armor that popped up! : )

just another update. took a break to start my cap america shield but still working on iron man chest, bicep pepped. only making one bicep will make a mold to make the other one. working on gauntlets then back and abbs next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back