When should I make my cosplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kono

So I was wondering if I should wait until it's warmer out to make my cosplay, since where I live it's freezing so should I just wait until it's warmer out so I can do things like spray paint and such?

Welcome to the 405th! You can probably start building your costume now and by the time you're ready to paint, it may have warmed up a bit. Make sure though that you've still got plenty of ventilation wherever you're building your armour for things like glues, dust, and other things lungs don't like eating.
It can be pretty hard to do spray paints in colder weather. If it's freezing out, waiting until it warms up is a good idea, unless you have a warm, well ventilated space you can do it in. One thing you can do is put spray cans in a bucket of warm water for about 10 minutes to help break up any clumps inside.

Welcome to the 405th! You can probably start building your costume now and by the time you're ready to paint, it may have warmed up a bit. Make sure though that you've still got plenty of ventilation wherever you're building your armour for things like glues, dust, and other things lungs don't like eating.
It can be pretty hard to do spray paints in colder weather. If it's freezing out, waiting until it warms up is a good idea, unless you have a warm, well ventilated space you can do it in. One thing you can do is put spray cans in a bucket of warm water for about 10 minutes to help break up any clumps inside.
I see thank you for the advice I'm completely new to this so I just wanted to make sure I wasn't building it for it to like not be made well

I see thank you for the advice I'm completely new to this so I just wanted to make sure I wasn't building it for it to like not be made well
Welcome! Sometimes it's better to wait for painting until you have a majority of your large armor pieces completed to help with uniformity in finish and color as well as when/if you decide to start weathering. I can't wait to see what you build!

Welcome! Sometimes it's better to wait for painting until you have a majority of your large armor pieces completed to help with uniformity in finish and color as well as when/if you decide to start weathering. I can't wait to see what you build!
I very much second this! I made an ODST helmet quite a long time ago, and just started on my armor now, and I cant seem to match the paint colors, would be much better painting them all at once, or at least the big pieces!

It definitely can’t hurt to start on everything else first! I always underestimate how long it’ll take me to make one piece before I even get to painting. To echo everyone else, ventilation is very important. I’d also recommend something like this mask (RZ Mask M1 Face Masks for Woodworking, Home Improvement, and DIY Projects RZ Mask M1 Face Masks for Woodworking, Home Improvement, and DIY Projects: Amazon.com: Tools & Home Improvement). If you’re using a dremel it’s really easy to breathe in those tiny pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back