Where did you hear about the 405th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found mjolnirarmor.com while I was doing a domain name search in preparation of starting my own halo armor site. When I saw that domain taken I thought I'd check out the site because I'd never heard of it before. When I realized what was going on here, that someone had already started a site like I had wanted to it made more sense to me to get involved with the pre-established site. Adam had already attracted some of the biggest names in Halo armor.

I was just ecstatic to finally be able to talk to other people who had made mjolnir armor suits and to be able to compare notes with them. At least thats how the site worked initially. It's really become more of a training ground for newbie costumers now.

I miss the days when the old pro's used to hang about more often... seems like we never see them here anymore.

i heard about it through mjolnir armor

Sean Bradley said:
I found mjolnirarmor.com while I was doing a domain name search in preparation of starting my own halo armor site. When I saw that domain taken I thought I'd check out the site because I'd never heard of it before. When I realized what was going on here, that someone had already started a site like I had wanted to it made more sense to me to get involved with the pre-established site. Adam had already attracted some of the biggest names in Halo armor.

I was just ecstatic to finally be able to talk to other people who had made mjolnir armor suits and to be able to compare notes with them. At least thats how the site worked initially. It's really become more of a training ground for newbie costumers now.

I miss the days when the old pro's used to hang about more often... seems like we never see them here anymore.

you know you make it sound bad that people are noobs attempting at armor

Last edited by a moderator:
I was googling for pics of nightmare armor long before I registered, and ran across mjolnirarmor.com . I bet that's a common one.

Yeah, it was awesome to see folks like Sid and Briar post stuff. It does seem that the rush from Halo 3 and Halo-ween has calmed down quite a bit and we have lots of new productive folks making awesome armor. They're just not the big names...yet!

I first saw it when I was searching on how to make stormtrooper armor and looked around the forums occasionally for about a year until i finally signed up.

ecose said:
i heard about it through mjolnir armor
you know you make it sound bad that people are noobs attempting at armor

Not at all. Everybody starts somewhere. I'm just saying that in the 'good ol' days' it seemed to be more of a meeting ground for experienced armorers. I'm very much for educating new people here, and actively do so in writing tutorials, and pointing people in the right direction. I just regret that some of the more experienced people haven't stuck around to share their wisdom with us.

Last edited by a moderator:
i searched up something. [i think it was halo armor] then i found this when it was mjolnir armor :p
but 405th sounds badass... gotta question... why was it 405th? and not any other number? o_O

I was thinking of inventing pep armor from a halo 2 model of master chief I found, then I was curious if anyone did this as a small little model, then I found a site called 405th which made real life sized armor and already had the files done.

I saw a vid on youtube of someone that made a full suit of mjolnir armour. I was like "Dude I so have to figure out how to do that" So i googled and googled until i finally stumbled across the 405th site. I was like "JACKPOT!". Been hanging here since.

i was looking for resources to my propping and found this site, dang i was lucky that summer...that i found this great page!!

I fount this site by Google pictures search, with some maybe "MC armor" request in search field.

It was one of the pep armor videos, 405th.com is listed at the end of it, I dont remember which one, but there are a few pep videos.

it was around halloween so i googled MC costumse and mjolnir come up. So i started asking some dumb things to adam like were do i buy this. ( sorry adam i didnt know) then he told me to read the forums and so i joined and thats my story. Sorry for all the annoying emails adam. I forgot to read above print. But now i know and thats that.

i happen to see the nightmare armour. I thought it was so awsome i got absessed with it like last year then searched on google and found mjolnir armors. thought it was cool but i forgot the website. next year later(2007) like this september i was searching Halo 3 when suddenly i read a article of 405th Halo prop making site, looked it up BAM, remembered it as Mjolnir armors and rejistered right away. (y)

do you know why its so awsome when i rejistered??? because it was about 1 day away from when Halo 3 came out hahahhaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back