Where do I get fiberglass cloth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since so many Noobs have been asking "Where can I get fiberglass cloth?" I decided to collect a list of places that sell it.

Ace Hardware, has both cloth and mat, get the cloth, it doesn't soak up as much resin as the mat.
True Value Hardware may have it but you'll have to check at the store.
Check local independent hardware stores too.

Auto Zone, Murray's, Pep Boys, and any other place that sells auto repair parts (good place to get Bondo too)

Wal-Mart aka Wally-World :)

Marine and boating supplies, small craft hulls are made of either fiberglass or aluminum, with the majority being 'glass. They also have several weights of cloth and mat so you have a wider choice of types to choose from.

Also try hobby shops that sell RC aircraft kits and supplies. RC kits have a real fine and smooth cloth that could be used on the outside where you'd like some stiffening or smoothing out some spots.

Online sources - https://www.autobodytoolmart.com/search/sea...ords=fiberglass
http://www.fiber-tek.com/catalog.htm These folks also have kevlar and carbon fiber if you want to try them. If you do, RTFI! (read the frellin' instructions) :)
I'll add more scources as I find them.

If this is helpful can it be pinned?

Let's not forget good ol' Wal-Mart.

Walked by the Auto section the other day, and the Bondo cans caught my eye. Walked over and saw that for fiberglass, they had both the cloth and mat to choose from, not to mention the several different Bondo products.

Not too shabby Mr. Walton.

Now if only they could get some brush-on silicone rubbers, I'd be set.

Blue Vertex said:
Let's not forget good ol' Wal-Mart.

Walked by the Auto section the other day, and the Bondo cans caught my eye. Walked over and saw that for fiberglass, they had both the cloth and mat to choose from, not to mention the several different Bondo products.

Not too shabby Mr. Walton.

Now if only they could get some brush-on silicone rubbers, I'd be set.

Ok, added Wally World :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to be a little off topic but can i print out on peparuka then spray glue onto poster board instead of having to by cardstock or is that not an option and please excuse my off topicness.

Yes, just be sure to note that Pepakura is all about folding, and you'll be gluing where it should be folded. I don't want to give you false hopes, just know what you're up against.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back