where do i start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joefailz

im a seinor in high school and i have a project that im planning making a spartan iii costume for. i'm going to base it off my halo reach spartan who is using an odst helmet & sholders with security chest peice..... i've seen part of a youtube tutorial once where sombody coated a cardstock model with alot of stuff, and i want to use that method. so does anyone have any sugestions, because i feel a little overwhelmed.

im a seinor in high school and i have a project that im planning making a spartan iii costume for. i'm going to base it off my halo reach spartan who is using an odst helmet & sholders with security chest peice..... i've seen part of a youtube tutorial once where sombody coated a cardstock model with alot of stuff, and i want to use that method. so does anyone have any sugestions, because i feel a little overwhelmed.

You should read stuff, especially stickies, and watch Adam's intro video. That will tell you all you need to know to get started.

You're probably talking about building a pepakura model (=paper model), covering that with resin ("resining it" using polyester resin) and then using fibreglass to strengthen it ("glassing it", with fibreglass textile and more polyester resin). After that you'd use body filler (also polyester resin based) and sand it to make it smoother. If you're talking about the video I have in mind, that's something they mentioned, but left out both in the video and in their cost estimate (which was really low in the first place).

Make sure to look into rondo (a mix of resin and Bondo (which is a body filler)), that's a popular alternative to fibreglass.

thanx for the video link, they should redirect new members to thats as soon as they register. that would be a little helpfull. also i didnt know what a pepakura model even was untill you just explained it, so you were VERY helpfull. im going to fill out my profile stuff and introduce my self on that one thread like it said i should in the video now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back