Where do I start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlemissysg

I've just came across all of this armor making buisness. I have made cloth costumes before for cosplay but Im new to this stuff. I've researched all over and everyone seems to have different ways of making these things. I don't plan to start until summer but I just wanted to build up my background on this stuff before I actually start.

So basically I want to know the best way to make a MC costume. My idea of "best" is that the armor will be sturdy, fitting, and realistic. I have a large background in art so if it involves any craftsmanship i have the ability.

Yes I have filtered through the tutorials section, I'm just asking your opinion. I was thinking of the fiberglass method but i wasnt exactly sure about how people start that off.

Buy a 250 sheet pack of 110lb cardstock.

READ STICKIES FOR PEPAKURA

Start folding all your pieces.

Once done folding every piece, start resining it

One all resined inside and out, glue fiberglass inside with elmers glue, resin over that.

Sand, paint, stuff.

Thats a basic, I'm not explaining everything in depth because now adays people wont read all the details, so thats your starter! :)

AoBfrost said:
Buy a 250 sheet pack of 110lb cardstock.

READ STICKIES FOR PEPAKURA

Start folding all your pieces.

Once done folding every piece, start resining it

One all resined inside and out, glue fiberglass inside with elmers glue, resin over that.

Sand, paint, stuff.

Thats a basic, I'm not explaining everything in depth because now adays people wont read all the details, so thats your starter! :)

ok cool thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hiya and welcome :)

The pepakura stickies will indeed be a nice mountain of information. When you start folding and sizing the pieces you may have to customize the space diaper a little bit, since the pep models are made for dudes. But since you mentioned you had strong art skills you should have no trouble :D

-Vex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back