Where Was The 405th Booth? Oh Wait..stuffed In A Corner...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GruntOfAction

I went to Dragon*Con expecting to see a booth with atleast one happy looking person..

I found a booth with a person who looked either half asleep, or just hated the world..

And whats worse is it was only opened on Friday! After the parade it was gone and taken over by some other Stargate booth..

Definatly not a way to positively advertise the forum....

Well buddy, it's the first year. It can't be perfect, and I think that Spase, Adam and all of the people got in a hurry. The 501st have been there for years, they know how it works.

The 405th is young and pretty ^^

True enough....

Next Con We'll all be nice and happy right? We need to make a good impression.

well i did my best to advertise the 405th along with my site at my booth, gave away what little 405th swag i had

link4044 said:
well i did my best to advertise the 405th along with my site at my booth, gave away what little 405th swag i had

Well then thats all that matters....I guess I was just expecting something diffrent but its okay..I think the elevators messed my mind up from going up and down to, and from, the 12th floor.. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Grunt, I'll try to put this nicely, but there were people that tried to set it up for us, but in the end it was first come first serve. Your anti-appreciation for efforts you didn't make, FOR YOU, is probably out of place here.

You could have gotten a table just like anyone else could have. They managed to do it one of the days, you didn't do it at all.

I'm not coming down on you, I'm just pointing out that it's pretty rude of you to approach it this way.

Next year we'll have a better idea of what's going on, and we'll be ready for it.

well i believe we lost it because no one signed up to work it.

Edit: already been said by deadguy, sorry hadn't refreshed the page.

First year is always the roughest one. I had never had a table and therefore had no idea how the process worked. First come-first serve is kinda rough considering most people don't sleep the entire weekend. Me? I like my sleep. But as previously stated, it will be better next year.

I Know I posted the singe up sheet

Blue set on it from Thr 8 to 2 or 3 with some help from Dreds.

No banner No paper work to pass out.

Doing an event is a team job and some times setting at a table is part of the job.

There was a Lack of Comuntions Adam was late and my phone did not get calls in my booth.

I am not going to go off on this, But we NEED to pull it together.

I am not happy with this troop at all. First year or not.

Rob

PS Not to say I did not fun It was the best FUN first March and all but 26 said Yes I will be there and 7 made it?
That tells me there is some thing Wrong.

I think everyone probably got caught up in their first or second Dragon*Con. I know I planned on having armor, but unfortunately had to postpone that effort, and I stated early on that I probably wasn't going to be able to work the table this year. No big deal...there's always next year and plenty of cons to go between now and then. There's the FX show and Megacon in Orlando in the spring. It's kinda hard to save a table when there's people out til 6 a.m. in the morning grabbing tables before they go to sleep and handing them off to their friends.

I showed up as early as I could. I got to the convention at 4pm Friday and couldn't find anyone except Link(not for lack of trying either). Others couldn't make it till later Friday evening.

Yes there was a rather large void of organization, but we discussed the reasoning behind it and as such we learned from this experience. It will be much better in the future at this event or any other.

As for the parade, those that made it did a fine job regardless.

Overall, I feel we made our presence known. Maybe not as much as we first intended, but I still feel it was a successful first effort. If you don't believe me, then you should talk to the dozens of people asking questions, and the hundreds more taking photos. We couldn't make it five feet without someone asking for a picture.

Put this in the win column and let's move on.

23Magnum said:
Put this in the win column and let's move on.

Sorry brother, we can't do that. Now, the pictures that was a lot, I mean geez every single second was another person or group coming up to see the guys. Those were win, pictures were a win. The table, the promotion, the materials, Win? No, we need to talk about it. Not right now, but it needs discussion as we did at the con and talked through ideas and plans for other cons, next year at dragoncon and so forth.

We can let some time pass before we start talking about it, but it was not Win, and it's going to have to be discussed sometime.

I think we did pretty well at making the best of the situation once we all got there, but yes we'll have to be better organized next time. Not bad for a first showing, but the important part really was getting there and getting to personally meet each other. It seemed that if only for a little while we all set differences aside and just talked about the things we all have in common.

It was our first time at bat, and while we didn't hit it out of the park, we didn't strike out either. Now we know what needs to be done for next time.

I agree with sean on this one.

So we didn't do so well this time? So what, you learn through experience. There are plenty of things we can (and will) do better next time. Theres no changing the past, you can only plan or the future.

I think really we should just list the things that we can do to make the next con a win and then follow through.

Well with everything it takes time to get things perfect... It can be in a job, in life and even in wearing your armor.. First time I put on my armor, things were not fitting right. This time around, I had it strapped properly but had a malfunction on my shoulders.. Next time I know on what to do to make it better.. Same thing with the booth, it's trial and error, you learn and remember how to fix things.. I'm sure the 405th will be a success and continue to grow.. Keep up the great work!! I'll do my best on this end to represent.. Hopefully have a few more 405th members at next year's PAX..

preskewl said:
Well with everything it takes time to get things perfect... It can be in a job, in life and even in wearing your armor.. First time I put on my armor, things were not fitting right. This time around, I had it strapped properly but had a malfunction on my shoulders.. Next time I know on what to do to make it better.. Same thing with the booth, it's trial and error, you learn and remember how to fix things.. I'm sure the 405th will be a success and continue to grow.. Keep up the great work!! I'll do my best on this end to represent.. Hopefully have a few more 405th members at next year's PAX..

Actually, Ive requited 2 people that live near the Seattle area... their here on the forums but havent started building armor as of yet... i'll try to get more for ya :]

certainly didn't make much of a splash boothwise for the 405th. But I think it was pretty good having almost no 405th members ever being at a con before. Now we know what to expect and prepare for next time we go. We will certainly have an actual 405th table next time.

There is always a learning curve especially with cons. It can only get better and I'm sure it will be at the next con the 405th invades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back