Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M6D Airsoft

• AR Airsoft

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For "better to work on," i would immediately look at the pistol. the reasons for this are difficulties with the other 2 projects. The SMG will be very hard to make airsoft for two reasons - there are very few weapons this size, to take the workings out of, and the magazine system is totally dissimilar to actual weapons - a bar with caseless ammunition is clipped to the side of the weapon. A highly realistic, automatic version is therefore extremely difficult without a degree in engineering and a variety of plastic manipulation tools. The AR will require a total redo of the entire 'bodywork' of the weapon, and i find it highly unlikely that any bullpup-pattern rifles on the market have the same spacing of barrel, magazine, and trigger. if the trigger is electrical, as opposed to mechanical action, relocating it will be easier, but if you can get one with a magazine compatable with the AR design that also fires burst, this would be second best project. Also, you would need to design a system that measured the amount of BBs in the magazine if you wanted a uber-1337 ammo display. The pistol is therefore the best to work with. This will require the least work, not in a lazy way, but in a way which is most easily accessible to the citizen. The magazine can be extended, the trigger-guard extended, and the top casemodded. I think people have tried this before, so you'll have the benefit of community experience, and of course, the pistol will make the least expensive mistake or abandoned project.
I would recommend going to halo3.com, screengrabbing the outline of the AR, M6D and the SMG, simplifying them with paintshop or the freeware open source equivalent, gump or something. Then overlay them onto a similar outline, with trigger, magazine and barrel information, of available airsoft weapons. This will give you a good idea of the ease and possibility of each project.
Just my tuppence.

Base gun is the key.

M6D = definitely the easiest, just pick a base gun with good proportions, you could take a look at the two types I've done to get some good ideas on the direction you want to take

AR = Oh, how I have plans for another conversion kit now that I've found a good base gun, FAMAS. ;-) (ah well, all things in time)

SMG = no clue what a good base gun would be.

hk_mp7a1_full_set_ec_04.jpg

could that work as a base gun for the smg?

Sigma-LS said:
Base gun is the key.

SMG = no clue what a good base gun would be.

I beleive that for the SMG, any sort of Glock pistol willl work... though you would have to extend the barrel... A LOT!

EDIT: The MP7 posted above definitely looks like a good idea....

Last edited by a moderator:
OH MY GOD AIRSOFT NEWBS!
Tokyo Mauri is the best Airsoft company....get a cheapo no-name company MP7 dude! Your not skirmishing with it!
PLEASE ASK ME ANY AIRSOFT QUESTIONS, I CAN PROBABLY ANSWER THEM!

Ares said:
OH MY GOD AIRSOFT NEWBS!
Tokyo Mauri is the best Airsoft company....get a cheapo no-name company MP7 dude! Your not skirmishing with it!

OMG ares calm down, have some gamers fuel. Not every one knows everything about airsoft, yes the person should do some research themselves but just take it easy with the whole "OMG AIRSOFT NEWBS!"

MC Chris said:
Ares said:
OH MY GOD AIRSOFT NEWBS!

OMG ares calm down, have some gamers fuel. Not every one knows everything about airsoft, yes the person should do some research themselves but just take it easy with the whole "OMG AIRSOFT NEWBS!"

i agree, i saw you post al that in like 4 diff threads

Well I know about Tokyo Marui...and I'm kind of an airsoft n00b.

I'll be buying a couple of GBB P99s from them eventually, 'cause I want some really nice M6Ds to dual wield in my H1 Armor.

I must educate the masses so they do not give a bad rep! AirsoftForum.com BRAINWAHSES you I swear.

EDIT: They really do brainwash you....

Ares said:
Smart man. I would choose that. First thing is to get the general look.

First of all, if your going to be using the gun and expect it to work for more than a month, don't go with ANY CYMA gun. Quite frankly, they suck and are only good for use as a base gun for blasters and the like; this coming from multiple people who actually skirmish with airsoft guns and from my own personal experience with CYMA. So, if your just doing it for the looks, or you don't know what your doing and don't want to waste your money on a highend gun that your probably going to break, go ahead and get a CYMA one, just don't expect it to last.
Tokyo Mauri is the best Airsoft company
For you being such an airsoft "pro" you got this wrong. Tokyo Marui is not the best and while they are a good company and this matter is actually a matter of opinion, I think that STAR, Systema (Best in my opinion), or even Classic Army fit the bill better than TM.

I'm not trying to bash you, it's just you repeatedly give out advice to these
"AIRSOFT NOOBS!"
that could be misleading. (I do agree that if they're not skirmishing with it, CYMA is a good choice though.)

Now that I got that out of the way, if I were to go about this and didn't have all of my prior knowledge with airsoft guns (Breaking many gaining that knowledge) I would go with the pistol first, and this is what I'm suggesting for massivek to do. Get a decent electric pistol that resembles the halo one a little and do some body work to get it to look right, maybe even make a custom 'bullet' counter for it.

Knowing what I currently know though from modifying my own aisoft guns, owning a couple of high-end ones that I work on, and that I would want to be able to actually skirmish with what I built; I would go with either the SMG because I need a sidearm, or the AR.

Stuff I would do (Not necessarily for the inexperienced)
For the SMG I would go with the TM MP7 http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=1420 because they are a respectable company that makes quality replicas and because the MP7 is close to the SMG. Then I would go in with some High Impact Styrene and do some body work on it. Add a stock and possibly switch the magazine to a P90 magazine such as this one http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...products_id=110 and add a custom feed system using a piece of tubing so that it attaches to the side. (That would be a difficult part) Or, if not that, modify the magazine so that it fits flush in the handle and make a dummy mag to replicate the SMG one.

As for the Assault Rifle, I'm thinking that I would start with the Classic Army AUG http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=1908 and while I haven't taken one apart personally, judging by this videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHH6DahJ41Q, it looks as if it has the kind of mechanism you'd be looking for for the AR. Then it's just some body work, maybe a nifty ,microcontroller controlled 'bullet' counter and a handle relocation for the AR. And looking at this, I'd say that the AR would be easier than the SMG.

Now, please note to anyone who actually attempts something like this; If you don't know what your doing and/or haven't worked on airsoft guns before go with the CYMA stuff because airsoft guns require skill and patience to get to work right and you don't want to waste your money on a high-end gun if it's just going to end up non-functional.

If you are prepared to have a dummy magazine, SMG is probably easiest, because the dummy magazine is effectively impossible for 99% of the population.
Here is an outline of the BR55 from Halo 3. Compare to a similar diagram of a Steyr in order to get a good idea of the layout - you can probably superimpose one on the other to see if its gonna work. I would recommend FAMAS from a layout point of view, plus you already have a pretty good scope-mount rail thing...
BROUTLINE.jpg

you can get these by DLing the 3d file, flattening along the long axis, aligning camera along long axis and taking screenie, then modifying in photoshop or similar.

ok so now its pretty balanced. the smg i could use that mp7 and for the m6d i could use the p99 w/ accsesories.
which one? and the ar is out of the question

WHY would you waste your money on a TM if your just making a prop? TM is the best OVERALL for PRICE, RELIABILITY but not looks-go with a CA for looks. I hate talking about airsoft on a prop board.

Ares said:
WHY would you waste your money on a TM if your just making a prop? TM is the best OVERALL for PRICE, RELIABILITY but not looks-go with a CA for looks. I hate talking about airsoft on a prop board.

I was saying go with CYMA if you want it for JUST a prop. If the guy actually wants to use it he should use a TM. Also, CA doesn't make pistols or an MP7.

Go with the pistol dude, in my opinion it's the easiest and that way you can get a feel for modifying airsoft guns without much trouble. You can always make the other one later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back