Whiterabbit1985's Mark Vi Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice job on the helmet. Could you elaborate on how you did your visor? I've read on the forum that plexiglass and window tint don't work, but yours looks pretty damn good. (if that's what you used). That would save me from having to buy two HJC visors

BTW: be careful with those "plasma grenades". Here's a direct quote from the Urban Dictionary

2. Plasma Grenade
An entertaining weapon in the video game "Halo". Can create hours of fun or pi$$ the hell out of your friends. Have a tendency to stick to things and then blow the absolute living $hit out of them.

JoeyCoz said:
Nice job on the helmet. Could you elaborate on how you did your visor? I've read on the forum that plexiglass and window tint don't work, but yours looks pretty damn good. (if that's what you used). That would save me from having to buy two HJC visors

BTW: be careful with those "plasma grenades". Here's a direct quote from the Urban Dictionary

2. Plasma Grenade
An entertaining weapon in the video game "Halo". Can create hours of fun or pi$$ the hell out of your friends. Have a tendency to stick to things and then blow the absolute living $hit out of them.

hehe stick to things and blow the $hit out of em guess shes not that different to a plasma grenade after all. Well i just bought a sheet of thick yet flexible plastic which made a really nice curve then got some automotive window tint film and carefully applied it to the inside of the plastic, i imagine the problems people have come across before are due to them using motorcycle visors whereas this plastic a4 sheet method is not bent in both ways and is one long but straight curve. The only problem is i couldnt find a supplier of gold mirror tint but its available on ebay (i prefer my silver visor). If you need a further explanation i'll do a video if people request it, its cheap and effective.

Thanks for all the compliments everybody ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
whiterabbit1985 said:
i imagine the problems people have come across before are due to them using motorcycle visors whereas this plastic a4 sheet method is not bent in both ways and is one long but straight curve. ...
That makes sense. I've already got some thin sheets of lexan left over from another project, so I'll try this before I shell out the bucks for the HJC's

whiterabbit1985 said:
...Well i just bought a sheet of thick yet flexible plastic which made a really nice curve then got some automotive window tint film and carefully applied it to the inside of the plastic,...
Did you apply the tint to each layer of the visor before you sandwiched them together?
Did you use any type of adhesive between the layers of plastic

whiterabbit1985 said:
...If you need a further explanation i'll do a video if people request it, its cheap and effective....
Maybe just a couple close-up pics of the visor?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you apply the tint to each layer of the visor before you sandwiched them together?
-no but wish i had

Did you use any type of adhesive between the layers of plastic
-no the front cut up visor (blue) is stuck in via pressure from the rear (red) visor

Maybe just a couple close-up pics of the visor?
-crap resolution as i have no space for more attachments but hopefully this will explain
[attachment=8883:Untitled_12.jpg]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

update 17th april :

Now working...on....chest.....please....kill....me...now!!!

How do i get more attachment space for photos by the way?

Mine's ´full, too.

if you delete the old ones you cant see em nomore on the thread.

I guess we will have to go with imageshack.com...

looking good man that bucket turned out good,also heres alink to sum gold tint http://www.diytint.com/ i havent ordered any from them yet but its coming:p
and anymore i use photobucket for my pics as 4.88 Mb not much to play with lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back