Why can't we be friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan 279

Jr Member
weeds;490447 said:
SkullCandy and Spase thank you for stopping by (imagine a low bow). After gluing my fingers together and building three left handplates (two trash and third time is the charm) I have the utmost respect for all of you. Honestly, the work you all have done is quite extraordinary. After a few days of sniffing around and reading, I'm making my first set of armor (well I got some paper cut out and glued together :) Clearly there is an awful lot right about this community. It is easy to focus on a problem.

A few points for consideration?:
A bit has been said about rating. I am a member of another site and every post is rated - slashdot.org. Live moderators rate every post both for the type of rating such as "Insightful", "Troll", "Informative", etc. Each post also gets a rating number from 1 to 5. This system requires live moderators who look at every post. It works and members can set their threshold so they don't see the low rated posts by default. I don't know if there are enough moderators or if that would work here, but maybe it'll spur some thoughts.

Could there be control on the PM service? A user could simply turn receiving PM's off entirely. Like when you have enough help requests for a while or only accept PM's from selected members.

Finally, the mentoring idea looks great to me. When a new user signs up, they are a "recruit". They can only PM their mentor. They can read, but cannot post anywhere. When the mentor has them up to building a few pieces (or whatever makes sense) they get promoted to "private". The private has the same rights as a new member (like me.) If anyone misbehaves, they get busted down. If there are no mentors available, enrollment is effectively closed.

You get a lot from this mentoring strategy - control of PM, "on-boarding" of new members, and regulation of the amount of new members joining based on available staff to cover the load.
Thatis one helluva idea
me likey xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back