Why Is Papaer Machette Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghr10

Question has received good answers. Scroll down if you had the same question.

Multiple layers of paper machete seems like it could work. A helmet using this technique though would only be used for show.

Please answer because I plan on doing it this way, I don't find resin safe and the hot glue method warped my recon helmet. (I didn't do it correctly, I admit)

Harris007 said:
Who said it would be bad? But I must ask, is there a point to this thread? Like r u making one?

Yeah, I am making one. I have 3 helmets that are all done being put together and there card stock. 2 are really nice, but I'm going to make an ODST one. I wouldn't spam this forum, the rules are somewhat harsh, but they do make these forums clean so that is nice.

And I thought all the pros said do not do paper machete?

Last edited by a moderator:
yeh i agree you can use it if its for show but if it is goin to get some work out of it maybe you will want to go fiberglass but paper mache isn't really bad its just not good for wear and tare and will give it some strength just not as much as the fiber

Of course a paper machette is bad. How the hell is it supposed to cut anything?

Kidding aside, the moisture causes the model to warp if not sealed with resin or some type of polyurethane. And if you're using resin anyway, why not fiberglass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back