Wild Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakelton117

So as Im sitting here pepping my assult rifle, I have the wildest idea. When Im done (Fiberglassing, painting, the whole works) what If I was to somehow cut it in half and what not and fit it around an airsoft rifle? Has anyone ever done anything like that? Is it even plausible?

Well it's possible but not fully legal you would'nt be able to take it to a con for instance and on opening and closing it for reloading and repairing the airsoft I would fix hinges inside the top of the gun and velcro the bottom

someone did that before, but I forgot who did. Everyone in the forum won't recommend using it for war game. It will break easily.

Most assault rifles will not fit inside an AR. What gun is it? If it is a springer, there's no way - the charging handle will be too hard to reach. If it's an AEG, it is more possible, but the fact than you will not be able to open it, the magazine will not be in the right place, and the parts will not fit properly (including the battery) makes it unnecessary and a waste of time in my opinion. I say no.

assuming you'd only be using it on private property, and never in public:

it'd probably be easier to build one from the ground up inside the AR case. probably a reservoir loaded AEG, if i were to venture a guess. you could probably get the inner workings of a smaller AEG, albeit one with a smaller fps, inside it easily. try one of the cheaper, clear guns.

of course, all this is an uneducated hypothetical..

Ok thanks yall for the feed back :)

and as far as using it in a war, it would NOT breack. I repeat, it would NOT break. How do I know this? I built an army of two mask from the pep up and just ega resined it with about 4 coats or so and painted it. Near point blank range with a 300 fps gun all it did was chip paint. During the war being shot with multiple AEG's from about 30 feet, not a scratch. Not even chipped paint. So although I have decided against doing this project now, it would be entirely plausible.

if you were to use a airsoft rifle with a bull pup design than a modded clip would be in the right place.

picture of the bullpup rifle version of the "FAMAS" [attachment=16264:EL-JP-FAMAS-950.jpg]

\

all you would have to do is modd the clip and cut off the top handle

Thats a great idea for a gun :)

Oh and just FYI, i did a little looking, and it turns out that the guns being used in operation Chastity (that halo fan movie) are actually exactly what I had envisioned. Airsoft guns wrapped in a pepper :pso it turns out it is plausible!

Oh and how much would one of those FAMAS run me?

or you could do wat im doing and ripping the heart, lungs, and guts out of an airsoft M14. it has a long barrel, the mag is the exact size, the gearbox is small, and it breaks down reeaal smmooothh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back