Wip Halo 3 Cortana Cosplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just leave this here...

[attachment=9332:Cortana_preview.jpg]

Don't forget to download the May edition of the Source when it's released for more pics and an interview. ;)

SPARTAN II said:
Wha--? Um... pfft, ugh :eek:

That is totally awesome, girl! Definately "Elite Showcase" worthy. By far the best Cortana costume I've ever seen. I love your keen attention to detail; the skin tone, the body stencil, pixelating code in the wig. I honestly think you've got it as close to her in-game render as one possibly could.

Absolutely stunning. My hat's off to you! :not worthy:

EDIT: And no worries about the necro-post. It is your thread after all. One of the few allowable exceptions is if the OP posts an update. So, it's all good.

:lol:

Oh wow, thank you! You really think so? I'm flattered! Well, something you all should know about me, I'm uber anal about accuracy when it comes to my cosplays, and I also try to bring a certain level of reality that will make mine unique.

That's true, I figured that the OP was allowed late-ish updates.

Malechei said:
Haha, my thoughts exactly. That's looking amazing. Very nice work.

Thank you!

DYSTORTED INC said:
when you go to do your makeup do a little silver base under the blue. It will really make everything pop and give some sheen or reflective quality.

I tried that with my last set of photos, but the problem was that the silver actually darkened some areas. I think what I'll do next time is dust my cheeks and highlight areas with some white glimmer powder. But thank you for the tip!
Preston said:
I wouldn't mind having her as my AI...

Fantastic job on the costume. By far the best Cortana I've ever seen! ;)

:lol: Thanks!

Brothers Darkness said:
The AI that every MC dreams of.

Really great work on the hair-do!

Awww! Hehe, that wig was a PAIN, but it is my pride and joy. ;)

mks81 said:
:eek: ....wow. Absolutely fantastic work!!

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
That is really amazing... excellent job! Probably the best cortana cosplay suits I've seen! Looking forward to seeing ya in the e-zine.

pooper said:
That is really amazing... excellent job! Probably the best cortana cosplay suits I've seen! Looking forward to seeing ya in the e-zine.

Thank you, I tell ya, sewing that suit was not too easy, lol. I'm excited too!

{Cortana said:
[...]

Oh wow, thank you! You really think so? I'm flattered! Well, something you all should know about me, I'm uber anal about accuracy when it comes to my cosplays, and I also try to bring a certain level of reality that will make mine unique.

That's true, I figured that the OP was allowed late-ish updates.

[...]

Would I have said that if I didn't mean it? C'mon now :p lol

Believe me, I know what you mean about being anal-retentive when it comes to detail and accuracy. I'm the same way with all of my prop projects, and my low-detail-turned-high-detail Mk VI helmet is no exception :D heh

{Cortana said:
I'll just leave this here...
Don't forget to download the May edition of the Source when it's released for more pics and an interview. ;)
:lol:

Ya tease! :p

Look forward to seeing more pictures and reading your interview. Really great work {Cortana. ;)

SPARTAN II said:
Believe me, I know what you mean about being anal-retentive when it comes to detail and accuracy. I'm the same way with all of my prop projects, and my low-detail-turned-high-detail Mk VI helmet is no exception :D heh

Yes SPARTAN II, but you see the difference between you and {Cortana is that she actually finishes her outfits. :p *Poke-Poke*:lol:

SPARTAN II said:
Would I have said that if I didn't mean it? C'mon now lol

Oh, I don't know... :rolleyes

Hooray for being insane about every last detail!!!

jmoney said:
great work on the cortana cosplay. def the best i've seen

Thanks! :D

MarneusCal said:
why is this not on the elite showcase? :eek:

Awesome work ! *thumbs up*

Awwwww, thank you!

juliet76 said:
Ya tease!

Look forward to seeing more pictures and reading your interview. Really great work {Cortana. ;)
Yes SPARTAN II, but you see the difference between you and {Cortana is that she actually finishes her outfits. :p *Poke-Poke*:lol:

That's me! :D I'm excited to see how the whole article is going to turn out as well.

Haha, I guess I'm not the only one with countless unfinished projects lying around that everyone else is anxious to see... :sick:

The feature article of my Cortana cosplay has finally been released on the new 405th site!! Go check it out for photos of the *almost* finished project, along with the exclusive in progress pictorial. ;) A BIG thanks to UNSC-Leatherneck, kensai111, and Malechei for featuring me, as well as all their hard work on making the article possible. :love:

{Cortana Cosplay Feature}

Aaaaand, here's some exclusive pics my yours truly...

"I'm a Thief.."
[attachment=9534:I__m_a_T..._resize_.jpg]
"...but I keep what I steal."​

AI Pose
[attachment=9535:AI_Pose__resize_.jpg]​

Save Me
[attachment=9536:Save_Me__resize_.jpg]
"Chief, I haven't much time..."​

Back View
[attachment=9537:Back_View__resize_.jpg]​

AI Kiss[attachment=9538:AI_Kiss__resize_.jpg]
"Spartan, a small token of my gratitude."​

And here's one of me and my kitty Riddick. Even an AI likes kittehs.​

Cortana and Riddick
[attachment=9539:Riddick_..._resize_.jpg]
"So cute, but I sense mischief.."​

Wow ... really great costume Cortana ... Really AWESOME !!! Have you tough about putting some light wires of optic fiber , to look like you have data flowing ( pulsing ) trough your body like the real one ... that would be a great addition !!! Don't you think ??

Epic Cortana is Epic!

The only thing that I would see that would make it awesomer (word is patent pending) is the data lines you were talking about putting in there.

Wow, you got everything looking just right. The face even blends right in with the rest of the suit, and for a second there i thought you where in your skimpies.

Wow, your a truly amazing seamstress. It seems that the most anal about detail have the best costumes. Ive done a bit of sewing in my day, but nothing to that crazy extent.

PhilzZ said:
Wow ... really great costume Cortana ... Really AWESOME !!! Have you tough about putting some light wires of optic fiber , to look like you have data flowing ( pulsing ) trough your body like the real one ... that would be a great addition !!! Don't you think ??

Thank you very much! I have, but I really don't think it would look right since Cortana has an overall glow, not just concentrated areas of light, that and it would be waaay too expensive, lol. I am however going to add the white coding in a reflective paint.

Brothers Darkness said:
Epic Cortana is Epic!

The only thing that I would see that would make it awesomer (word is patent pending) is the data lines you were talking about putting in there.

*takes a bow*

Haha, nice wording. I like that. Yup, those are coming along as soon as I can find the time over this summer. ;)

DYSTORTED INC said:
Wow, you got everything looking just right. The face even blends right in with the rest of the suit, and for a second there i thought you where in your skimpies.

I can't tell you how glad I was that the paint did what it did, I was so worried that it would clash with the suit or something. LOL, really?! :p
YuutaKenshi said:
Wow, your a truly amazing seamstress. It seems that the most anal about detail have the best costumes. Ive done a bit of sewing in my day, but nothing to that crazy extent.

Why thank you! Hehe, we may have the best ones, but we are far from sane... *twitch* *twitch*

I did PM you, but after looking at more of your WIP shots here, I have to add this. I LOVE YOUR WIG. I love the amount of detail you put into it (which I couldn't tell from bs angel's post). ^^

How did you clip the beads into the hair?? It is a very nice touch! The last time I cosplayed Cortana I used a generic purple wig cos there wasn't enough time to customise one. And I was planning to dye my hair purple for my upcoming Cortana photoshoot later in the year. But after looking at your wig, I think I might actually try following your example with a wig. Very nice.

Calliopeia said:
I did PM you, but after looking at more of your WIP shots here, I have to add this. I LOVE YOUR WIG. I love the amount of detail you put into it (which I couldn't tell from bs angel's post). ^^

How did you clip the beads into the hair?? It is a very nice touch! The last time I cosplayed Cortana I used a generic purple wig cos there wasn't enough time to customise one. And I was planning to dye my hair purple for my upcoming Cortana photoshoot later in the year. But after looking at your wig, I think I might actually try following your example with a wig. Very nice.
After I PM'd you, I realized I had seen you on cos.com. ^^; I love your Cortana cosplay, it's so beautiful!

Hehe, thank you! That wig is my pride and joy, but alas, I'm going to sell it and start over. I found an even better one that I plan to commission godsavethequeenfashions for. But, yeah, buy the wig from that ebay seller "ProfessionalOnly", I highly recommend them. :) The beads were measured and cut to length, then glued in top and bottom. I did plan to sew them in, but they moved around way too much. ><

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back