Wip: We Are The Arms Of The Prophets..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updating..

Here's a video to rehash on what's going on. Pics will come soon.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPATRhoVWpw[/media]

I can already tell you right off the bat, right foot armor was a complete disaster. But I've learned what not to do, and the left foot looks like it'll turn out marvelously.

About to start hacking away at the foot padding, then I'll get out some duck and start experimenting before I go do resin coat number two.

Anyone wanna share s'more resin tips while I have time to trial/error? Lol.

tell ya the truth.. u could use the foam method, its alot of work but it will work really nicely with arbiter armor, its cheap and like i said it will complement the armor.. here is the link...

:) Calm down on the reply button.. it's easier to go to your first post and hit 'edit'.

Thanks for the reference. I'm considering foam on the pieces of armor that will be under the most movement/stress. And I'm not really too worried about carving the designs in, that'll just take time to do it.

Cutting out the flip-flops, by the way, everyone. Got one foot's done, will do the other soon, and then I'm going to start working with the skin.

A'ight. Sorry for double post (especially after the reprimand, lol), but here's what I've got:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLVdAxOltrc[/media]

My mother and I (she being the better seamstress) were messing around with how to put the skin on the feet. We're going to play around some more, but it seems rather.. straightforward once we get it going.

Next up, after we sort out the feet, I'm going to start working on the body cast. I've got some supports lined up, and I'm considering getting a secondhand helmet or something to be able to have the head-things strapped on my head.

Once I get the body done.. it's armor armor armor. Blegh.

Very good Project Drakku.

verynice.gif

Hey guys, just updating on what's new. No pics or videos yet, but I'll try to get something together soon.

First up, I recently re-pepped the feet at a different scale to fit my shoes properly. They look much better, but now I'm having doubts about the other pieces of armor, if they're the right size. I know the chest is much too small, I'm planning on bumping that up.

Arm plates have dropped to a standstill. I'm hoping to fix that. I want to have them completely finished by this weekend, and that's that. Grr!

As far as skin goes, my mother and I have finished planning out things, and she'll start sowing tomorrow morning while I finish popsicle-sticking things into place.

I'm going to start resin'ing next week, hardcore. I want to get one piece done each day, and my brother-in-law is going to help me out, so hopefully we can churn them out rather fast. We've got a bunch of fiberglass-inclined mutual friends, so we may try to get them to help out as well when it gets to that stage.

Then it's bondo bondo bondo and hope for the best.

I'm starting to really worry I won't have it done in time, but I think if I kick it into overdrive, I could maybe get it done. The jaws won't be moveable, so this'll be a rough version of the costume before I get a final one done. Final including proper digitigrade stilts, working jaws, better hands, etc.

If anyone's up for helping with the resin or fiberglass, I'd toootally appreciate it.. D;

Bondo help would prolly be awesome too, getting the details carved in.

If anyone's up for it, we could have a party. Wee!

Drakku said:
Hey guys, just updating on what's new. No pics or videos yet, but I'll try to get something together soon.

First up, I recently re-pepped the feet at a different scale to fit my shoes properly. They look much better, but now I'm having doubts about the other pieces of armor, if they're the right size. I know the chest is much too small, I'm planning on bumping that up.

Arm plates have dropped to a standstill. I'm hoping to fix that. I want to have them completely finished by this weekend, and that's that. Grr!

As far as skin goes, my mother and I have finished planning out things, and she'll start sowing tomorrow morning while I finish popsicle-sticking things into place.

I'm going to start resin'ing next week, hardcore. I want to get one piece done each day, and my brother-in-law is going to help me out, so hopefully we can churn them out rather fast. We've got a bunch of fiberglass-inclined mutual friends, so we may try to get them to help out as well when it gets to that stage.

Then it's bondo bondo bondo and hope for the best.

I'm starting to really worry I won't have it done in time, but I think if I kick it into overdrive, I could maybe get it done. The jaws won't be moveable, so this'll be a rough version of the costume before I get a final one done. Final including proper digitigrade stilts, working jaws, better hands, etc.

If anyone's up for helping with the resin or fiberglass, I'd toootally appreciate it.. D;

Bondo help would prolly be awesome too, getting the details carved in.

If anyone's up for it, we could have a party. Wee!

Hey, I feel ya completely on being worried about not finishing in time. D: But I know that you will kick some major ass these next couple weeks, you can do it girl, we're all here to support you! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, Awsome. Secondly, I'm a little surprised to see so many other Elite/Arby projects being run. I'l admit , so far mines probably the most complicated/expensive. hope you don't mind if I take notes for simplyfying and cutting back costs. Also, Were'd you get your pep designs for the Arbiter armor? i've been tring to find a layout for the basic "Combat" permutation armor. (might look into other permutations later for head/helm and shoulder plates)

Ehkru said:
From what I do remember of The Cole Protocol, when it speaks of the main pro/antagonist Elite, it has multiple flashbacks of his younger days in the 'Keep' where all those of his family's name resided, they wore furs and such.

This raises another interesting option...don't make armor at all. focus on th e"natrual body of th eelite then tailor (or get someone to tailor) something like a fur lined cloak or something similar (the HALO Graphic novel has a really cool set of pics of one of the sanghelli council members in a formal robe)to show th e"traditional" look of the elites, also note that Sailors are one of th emost hoored professions amogn Elite society due to the dangerous winds and oceans on Sanghelios.(*Imagines arby in an old sailors outfit* :D ) so afew alternatives to look at for Elite outifts and looks

Thuril said:
First off, Awsome. Secondly, I'm a little surprised to see so many other Elite/Arby projects being run. I'l admit , so far mines probably the most complicated/expensive. hope you don't mind if I take notes for simplyfying and cutting back costs. Also, Were'd you get your pep designs for the Arbiter armor? i've been tring to find a layout for the basic "Combat" permutation armor. (might look into other permutations later for head/helm and shoulder plates)

Sure, feel free to take note on any designs or plans I have posted up, s'why I have them posted. There needs to be more Covenant love. :)

I got the Arbiter armor from the Wiki, all except the helmet, which for some reason isn't posted there. For simplicity's sake, I have all of them thrown together in a *zip, right here.

Now, as for armor permutations, there currently are no *pdos for Elite ones, as far as I know. I'm sure if we ask our modelers nicely, they could whip something up for us to use, I would quite like to have a few of the multiplayer armors.

As far as fur goes.. I don't think anyone would get it, except for those that read the novels. The average fanboy/girl would say, ".. lol y u got furrr??" or something. Haha. But it would definitely be an interesting concept.

Good luck with your build!

-----

And now for updates:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK2CTH52AL8[/media]

Sha-bam.

Also, we tag-team resin'ing the armor tonight, here's a pic of what all we got started on:

resin1.jpg

We got at least half a coat on everything, but I managed to get two coats on one of the thighs.

If you can't tell what all is hanging up there, there's the helmet, both feet, and both thighs.

I think if we can manage to work on them each night, I can probably get them done in time.

What do ya'll think? :D

Well done. Keep up that great work and I think you'll get this done in time. You're a lot farther along than I was at this time last year.

Just keep the pace and you'll be fine. ;)

man... great work! i'd love to do an arbitor since they're my favorite... but i have barely any patience for my spartan armor, lol. keep it up!

Wow, really nice progress on skinning the foot! It looks just like an Elite. I'm glad to see such great progress in such a short time, and if you keep at it, you'll be done in no time. ;)

Thanks for all the support, guys. I foresee the armor definitely taking me the longest, the rest of it seems to be coming together pretty fast. We're going to do some more resin tonight (the pieces got a bit warped, agh), and then we should be starting the fiberglassing process next week-ish. I re-pepped a larger chest/back piece, so I just need to redo the neck, and I'm essentially done pepping..

I need to finish carving those dang plates, though.

Anyway! How does this look? Ignore the awkwardness of the hand, it's going to look better when it's covered in skin. Lol.

n680884847_3132256_4236551.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back