Wip: We Are The Arms Of The Prophets..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drakku said:
Anyway! How does this look? Ignore the awkwardness of the hand, it's going to look better when it's covered in skin. Lol.

n680884847_3132256_4236551.jpg

I say it looks pretty good, but I do have one thing to mention. It may be that you're only demonstrating the head, but I think that the neck is about 4-6 inches too long. What I think you should do is cut a cup-shaped hole at the base of the neck for your head, which would make the neck shorter, and maybe even make it easier for you to keep it attached to your body.

But that's just my opinion. I think it looks really good, and I'm excited to see another Arbiter join our ranks.

Last edited by a moderator:
very sweet looking, the foot looks excellent! and that head looks almost exactly like the arbiters head from the cut scene in Halo 2 IMO. Keep up the great work

Looks freaking sweet! My only thing is in your demo of those other style feet, the hinge for the toes could bend down slightly when you raise the foot. Yours don't, but damn that's awesome! Keep going!

Spartan137 said:
I say it looks pretty good, but I do have one thing to mention. It may be that you're only demonstrating the head, but I think that the neck is about 4-6 inches too long. What I think you should do is cut a cup-shaped hole at the base of the neck for your head, which would make the neck shorter, and maybe even make it easier for you to keep it attached to your body.
Good point. I made the neck extra long, just so I could be sure it was the right length. Haha. I'll take that into consideration when I'm making the body supports.

Thighs and feet are ready to fiberglass, helmet soon will be after maybe one more coat, and the body still needs a couple. Finishing the pep on the neck, I think my idea is going to work, so once I'm done putting that together, it'll be good. I hope.

Going to do some portfolio work, then I'm going to work on my arm plates. Woo.

Double possstt. But bunch of things to show you guys. BE EXCITED. :DDD

First up, arm plates. I have four more to do. I got frustrated at the lumpy-ness of one, so I took my dremel to it and.. it survived. So screw carving them BEFORE baking them, I baked those blank four you see in order to carve them with the dremel. Should go much faster.

5330_134745829847_680884847_3195839_8174841_n.jpg

I don't know if you can tell from the pic, but they're a lot smoother now that I've gone over them all with the dremel. After the initial cast, they should only require minimal detailing to get them ready for the final molds. In fact, if I get them smooth enough, I may even skip that..

Next up, I finally finished the inner-workings of both Arbiter hands. They're not pretty, and they're definitely going to change once I have time to make something different.

5330_134745314847_680884847_3195837_3973325_n.jpg

I'm not happy with the way the thumbs fold, but it's too late now. Haha. Mark that down for version 2. (You can't tell from the picture, but they fold horizontally with the palm. So instead of curling inward to make a fist with the fingers, they kinda do their own thing on the sides. But too late now. Boo.)

Here's a hand covered in skin, but unstuffed:

5330_134746779847_680884847_3195847_6184097_n.jpg

The fingers are okay-ish, but it's the palm that needs some attention.

The head is being skinned, but it's nowhere near completion yet, so no pics. I do, however, have a preview of my pearly whites..

5330_134746094847_680884847_3195841_488634_n.jpg

Need to trim down the bottoms a bit, but there we go. Four teeth for each jaw, ready to nom nom nom something.

And last but not least, the other foot is skinned and stuffed, and now the first one needs some more padding.

5330_134747149847_680884847_3195848_2782288_n.jpg

Questions/Comments/Concerns?

I'll go ahead and answer the major question I know you guys wanna ask, "why're you making it blue."

Well, I'm a female Elite. I figure it'll be okay. Hah.

I'm going to (eventually, once all the skin is complete), spray over everything through a grate to give me some black scales with blue in-between-ness. It should look good, knock on wood.

Video will be up tomorrow of me in my full suit, with hands, and feet, to see how the body looks as one. Start looking forward to it, kthx. :)

:) Thanks guys! I'm very happy that it's coming along.

Brother-in-law is coming over tomorrow and Thursday to glass the armor, so I should have a bunch of stuff to show on top of the video of me tromping along.

I should also finish up the new neck piece, I'm pepping it a bit differently.. it'll actually be four separate plates to overlap each other.

Also, found out the fun way that the belt sander is all sanded out. Was wondering why it was taking me a few minutes on each side of the plate to smooth them out..

Anywho. Going to check if that store in Dallas that sells Smooth-On stuff has silicone/plastic to make a couple sets of these things before I head down to Dave's this weekend. Woo!

Just realized, since the forums had been down, I didn't post the last video I made..

So here's a doozy of two vids!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AePUf1mISRM[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHdsSNlIuBU[/media]

Hope you guys enjoy. Now to edit my progress image to reflect tonight's finishings.

Damn Drakku, that's all some amazing progress! I LOVE those casts you made of the arm plates, they look perfect, and your feet just keep getting better!

I know that if you push yourself, you can get your Arbiter atleast 90% finished by Gen Con. You're not alone in the not-being-finished-with-stuff-club. I'm having to cut all my other cosplays to just Cortana since she is the most important one right now, and even then it's going to be cutting it close. I do understand not wanting to rush things, but there is always room for 2.0 versions! ^-^

We can do it!! *highfive*

Lol "I missed the stop button" nice!

Love the plates they look amazing! I wish I could go to GenCon, Im jealous *glares*

Hope you enjoy yourself and hope you finish your costume in time!!!

Cheers,

Chris Gold

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSqraPrBBNA[/media]

:/ I'm still working on it, I promise..

BenStreeper said:
the smooth-cast trial kits are also about 32 oz kits and they run about $24- $30 ea. plus you don't have to buy hardener. Just for another alternative.

Agh, I totally forgot about trial kits. I'll definitely just do that next time. Rofl.

Another reason I didn't just go for SmoothCast is 'cuz I don't feel like driving to Dallas this weekend. It's AnimeFest, and it's a Dallas Cowboys' game, I think, so it's crazy busy down there..

Drakku said:
Agh, I totally forgot about trial kits. I'll definitely just do that next time. Rofl.

Another reason I didn't just go for SmoothCast is 'cuz I don't feel like driving to Dallas this weekend. It's AnimeFest, and it's a Dallas Cowboys' game, I think, so it's crazy busy down there..

they will do next day shipping, and it's pretty cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back