Wiring LED TO helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think theyre listed as "carbon"resistors
look for a label that says 100 ohm they come 5 to a pack and its like a buck

Alrighty then. Will do. Thanks a lot. I found one off an old toy I've had for like... 10 years. Score!

Friendly said:
Alrighty then. Will do. Thanks a lot. I found one off an old toy I've had for like... 10 years. Score!

And I thought i was one of the only ones who would salvage some electronic parts off old toys

Last edited by a moderator:
So is it possible to run 4 lights off of one battery ?

Or do I need to have two seperate switches and batterys for each side of the helmet.

drgon47 said:
So is it possible to run 4 lights off of one battery ?

Or do I need to have two seperate switches and batterys for each side of the helmet.
yes you can just do the same on each side then soilder the red to the to and the black to the black of the battery connector

MC Chris said:
Wait i didnt catch that so you solder the LED's together, then add the OHM resistor, then what?

you take a + leg from one LED soilder that to the - leg of the other leg then you soilder the resistor to the +

flux helps the solder "bond" with watever your soldering. you could say its like primer. Most solder comes with a flux core depending on application but its always handy to have just flux and not rely on the flux core. hope that helps

J

flux is a light acid that cleans the contacts and makes it easier for solder to stick

the reaction is accelerated by heat from the iron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back