Withen the mind of Cortana

Status
Not open for further replies.

beowulf

Jr Member
I just found out that in Halo 2, she was suppose to betray Master Cheif by throwing him down a pit, but they took that out. What does that mean for Halo 3? Will Cortana betray John in Halo 3, or has the flood corupted her?
Sorry for the spelling errors. :mrgreen:

that won't go over so well. cortana is used to help chief move his armor even faster. she could have control over his whole body.

Well, i know she has complete control of John's armour, but it would make for a good twist in the Halo seires. John has to fight against himself basicly.

beowulf said:
Well, i know she has complete control of John's armour, but it would make for a good twist in the Halo seires. John has to fight against himself basicly.
No she doesnt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Acutally, It was Miranda:

Joseph Staten said:
There was a scene, that got taken out later, where Miranda strapped a bomb to the Master Chief's back and shoved him down a hole. It was this horrible...scene of betrayal. I think Jason was going through a rather difficult breakup at the time...I think that might have had somthing to do with it...

If I made some mistake, sorry. I got this straight from the Halo 2 Limited Edition DVD.

Well, yeah. But Cortana went power hungry when she hacked into the Covenet database. Only for a split second though. Now that the gravemind has her, things dont look so good.

I don't think Cortana really has control over the armor so much as improves reaction times...I dunno. I mean, yeah she could probably shut the suite down or power it up, but to actually be able to move it herself seems like an unlikely ability.

True. Master Cheif can move the armour on his own, but Cortana can make him go faster in terms of reaction time. Picture this, right in the middle of a fight, Cortana powers down his suit. How would cheif get out of that situation?

TheBlue said:
Acutally, It was Miranda:

Joseph Staten said:
There was a scene, that got taken out later, where Miranda strapped a bomb to the Master Chief's back and shoved him down a hole. It was this horrible...scene of betrayal. I think Jason was going through a rather difficult breakup at the time...I think that might have had somthing to do with it...

If I made some mistake, sorry. I got this straight from the Halo 2 Limited Edition DVD.

I so don't remember that....

The presence of Cortana makes his brain fire signals faster, she exists in teh crystal layer of the suit and his mind give her the ability to process.
So she can not control and aspect of the suit.

I don't think that her betraying or appearing to betray the chief is out of the question, but imagine the gameplay if she was inside the suit.

How could they attempt to do that successfully outside a cutscene?

It would have to be like inside Caboose's head.
" Yaar! I be havin' a southern accent."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back