Working on my helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frizzlefry

I've got pictures! I'm working with foam board and a prayer.

The pictures are the top part of the helmet (if you don't reckognize it). I'm not going so much for an exact replica as much as just being able to reckognize its a MC Helmet. Being it's my first, I didn't want to stress myself out too bad.

Top:
Picture001.jpg

Front:
Picture002.jpg

Back:
Picture003.jpg

Inside:
Picture004.jpg

Anyhoo, feel free to offer any constructive criticism.[/img]

sweet job. keep it up man, i wanna see some more progress on this one.

I'll try to post pictures of progress I've made throughout the day (if it's significant) every night before I head off to bed.

Thats the way it's done. I mean, thats exactly how I started mine, and how I've seen a few others do it.

Nice work, keep it up!

Todays progress was ok. More steady than yesterday (I had about 1/3 of the time I had yesterday) but I didn't quite get as far as I wanted.

Top:
Picture005.jpg

Front:
Picture006.jpg

Back:
Picture007.jpg

Inside:
Picture008.jpg

I think I may have this proportioned wrong. I'm hoping that I'm wrong. Either way I don't think I'll know for sure until I'm finished. :lindsey:

I'm going to talk to the fiancee this afternoon and see if she minds me putting the visor on the credit card. The sooner I get it, the sooner I can proceed without being super nervous about the visor not fitting in there.

:eek But having the visor in the first place is VERY necessary to getting the correct proportions and the right arc to the interior. You should make sure it fits in there during the patterning process.

Yeah, I don't want to cut the visor. If I must I'll cut out parts of what I've already made to make sure that the visor fits. I'd be much happier to do that than to accidently screw up a $20 - $30 visor and have to buy a new one.

I didn't realize till my second day on the helmet that I probably should have bought the visor first. I was just too excited to get started. :hyper:

Just a side-note. I went over to my local Motosports store today to pick up a visor so I could start making my halo 1 (Mk V) helmet without waiting for shipping.

34.99 and tax, so less than most ebay but more than 20-30

I also picked up some awesome gloves. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

More pictures. All done with the top part now. I'm adding some "air dry" clay to fill gaps. I think I'm going to wait until I get my visor before I go any farther. After all, I may have to do this whole part over. At least I'd have a better idea of what I'm doing if I need to. Anyways, on to the pictures!

Same angle as the "baseball helmet" model type I was loosely basing mine off of (with picture for reference):
Picture009.jpg

Front:
Picture010.jpg

Side:
Picture011.jpg

Rear (angle):
Picture012.jpg

Back:
Picture013.jpg

Inside:
Picture014.jpg

By the way, if I'm posting more pictures than anyone cares to see, please let me know. I just thought I'd share as many angles as possible because I know while I was building this, I was kinda wishing I had certain angles of helmets at my disposal so that I'd know what I was doing.

Oh, and Sean; if I find a way to get the frame to work (and the final product is presentable) I would be happy to help with your tutorial by giving a "building with foam board" section.

Excellent work!

Can you give dimensions on what you have thus far? If you use your pics and type in text with a measurement for each straight line, or curve, the rest of us could build off of your design.

Especially the two arches, and the main base piece you have. But as much of it as possible, and as you go.

Let us know,...if we can start a basic measurement base it can be refined as we go making templates for all of us to use. I know its a little work, and a bit tedious but the work would benefit all of us here. The end result would be in essence flat layout templates all of us can use.

DM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back