worlds most greatest mold making site!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickelback227

Jr Member
This man's name is john greer and he sells MAJOR cheap moldmaking products. I hear it is better quality then TAP and Smooth-On.
smooth on price for 1 gallon of rebound 25 brushable silicone:158$
greers:112$

smoothon smoothcast casting urethane 1gallon: 73$!
greers: 2 GALLONS FOR 72!!!

heres the link

http://www.jgreer.com/index.htm

HEROGEAR LOVES THIS SITE

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if this boat building stuff will work for prop mold making. I hope Link and Sean take a look at this and give us there opinion.

can't be the same stuff. You're in charge of testing it out ;-)

To those who have molded before... I checked out this site and latex seems better, cheaper, and more flexible. Why not use?

this site has VERY cheap latex

TAP latex: 45$
greers: 42$

not much of a difference but his thickens more (so the site says)

he also has cheap foam,

smoothon:113 for gallon
greer: 72 for gallon

I might be the first to try him out, since I asked a question about resin and herogear was nice enough to save me some money! I owe ya man!

well i might just do something cheap like casting a magnum with his products or something just so i dont waste much money if it doesn't work

For all intents and purposes, this product has the same values as the smooth-on stuff.

Technically, it should work just as well.
I think I'll go through these guys for my stuff.

Think about it, in the end, Resin is Resin, the consistency doesnt change much and if it does its a tiny one. So you should be good with this.

quixand_prop said:
For all intents and purposes, this product has the same values as the smooth-on stuff.

Technically, it should work just as well.
I think I'll go through these guys for my stuff.

SPARTAN405 said:
Think about it, in the end, Resin is Resin, the consistency doesnt change much and if it does its a tiny one. So you should be good with this.

EXACTLY!!! THIS IS GREAT STUFF!

Master Chef said:
To those who have molded before...latex seems better, cheaper, and more flexible. Why not use?

Latex is a volcanic rubber. This means that there is a high % of water in the rubber. When the rubber drys, the mold is going to shirk. A not a little bit, a whole lot. Therefore its better to use a 2 part rubber mold and not latex.

Latex is good for...well...latex masks. lol.

Not only that ^^^ but with latex you have to wait a painfully long time for it to dry in between coats. The coats are thin. You need at least 20 for your mold to be nice. Nuff said!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back