Xanmar's WIP - Disguise Halo Master Chief Ultra Prestige Costume

Status
Not open for further replies.

xanmar

Hello everyone,

So I had being looking at the costume for a while. I just saw someone at Lexcon 2022 that was wearing it. I asked him if he liked it and he did and he said what I had seen in the reviews that it was nice but needed a little love to make it better and last a longer. When I searched to see if the was a Building group for Halo Armor I saw that someone had a post about updating this costume to make it better, sorry as I write this I don't remember the persons name.

So in this thread I plan to post what I like and don't like about the costume and the changes I want and do to it.

A long the way hopefully I will get some helpful feed back

Last edited:
Next step is to try the armor on and see how it fits me. Then I can look into re-enforcing it in areas and adding improvements (helmet fans for sure).

Helmet and chest try on after unboxing

weSPvhi.jpg

Thought I would post this comment here as for some unknown reason Facebook would not allow me to reply to a post I had from you.

Barry Kiker,

As I'm new here on the forum, I did see that I have to be active for 90 days and have 50 posts before I can request to join the Southern Regiment Forum Group and Facebook Group. I plan to do both when I'm able.

Not sure why Facebook would not let me reply that back to you. It auto decline the post above, the edited version of it (I plan too), another reply to you (I will) and then just another comment to my original post (Still new to 405th but I plan to).

All I could see was that it was based on Keywords and pointed me to the Facebook Groups rules. Can't see how any of those was against the Facebook Groups rules.

Next I need to put the whole costume on and see where I think I need to re-enforce other parts of the armor.
Need to take full costume photos as well

So I posted these last photos of the work on the feet in the Facebook group. It was suggested that the strap across the bottom of the boot may fail. As I have not worn this costume out yet I don't know how it will hold up. But if I do have an issue with it, I have another option. I'm also currently working on a Mando costume (MMCC) and I'm using neo magnets to hold the toe and shin armor onto my boots. I can do something like this on this costume to replaced the strap.

I was already thinking of using magnets around areas that have Velcro on this costume, to help hold parts together better.

I saw the comments on Facebook and concur with them that the current placement of that strap will not last long. Most spats or gaiters have their strap run up between the heel and front section of the shoe/boot for this exact reason. In one of my early builds around 2008 I had a strap in a similar spot and after less than a day the strap was worn almost all the way through and I reworked it to come up by the heel.

Another option is that is you are willing to dedicate that pair of boots exclusively to this costume you can add velcro to the top of the boot and a matching piece on the EVA foam on the interior their to secure it in place. Or, you could take it even a step further and use Shoe Goo and glue that toe cap armor to the front of the boot. Your magnet plan will also work fine as well.

So I posted these last photos of the work on the feet in the Facebook group. It was suggested that the strap across the bottom of the boot may fail. As I have not worn this costume out yet I don't know how it will hold up. But if I do have an issue with it, I have another option. I'm also currently working on a Mando costume (MMCC) and I'm using neo magnets to hold the toe and shin armor onto my boots. I can do something like this on this costume to replaced the strap.

I was already thinking of using magnets around areas that have Velcro on this costume, to help hold parts together better.
I have my boot straps in a similar position as what you have above ( though just a bit more back into the arch) and havent had problems with them wearing out yet (worn through 3 cons). It could really depend on what straps your using and where the exact position is though, if you keep the straps though I'd move just a bit back so when you walk you arent stepping directly on them.

My ODST boot covers have a strap in nearly the same location, However, I've been able to kind of tuck it in between the grooves of my boot to help protect it. They've survived 4+ multi-day cons and several odd outings so far.

2022-07-02 09.24.16.jpg

So I may and try to cut out an area for this strap to set in. The tread is not that thick (tall) so I don't know how much it will help, but I may also add the magnetics as well.

So I this outfit and will be following this thread in order to get ideas for my outfit as well. Thank you for creating this thread so I can make mine more durable as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back