Xbox 360 problems as of late

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my 360 is being retarded. I was over at my cousins, having a small halo 3 tourney, so I carried over my profile. I went to go put my profile back on my 360 and every time I go to do it, I get a message saying " XBOX live sign up is currently unavailable, please try again later " :mad: Its been 2 days now,,,any suggestions? Also I got the red light for a bad hard drive, but thats fixed now.

We're having a similar problem with our 360. It can't connect to anything, not the routers, not our pcs, not nothing. We've tried different cables and it hasn't made a difference. We're thinking it's probably broken lol.

Hmmm I have no clue.I just tried mine again and it didn't work. So that means no halo 3 for me, at least for a while until I figure this out. I'll just go back to playing some halo ce ;)

i havent had my 360 conected for about 2 days sense i took it over to my friends house(just havent set it back here yet)
MY other friend today howver was having a simular problem, but only when he turned it on or went to the dashboard. When you turn on your xbox and it tries to sign you in, click X to cancel sign, then go to your game and see if it works, for my friends it would automatically sign him in as soon as he started a game, hope this helps

Primal Weyland said:
XBL is being noncompliant at the moment. Be patient and wait for normal service to resume.

Its been 3 days now, plus I'm paying 50$ a year for this crap and its not even working :cautious:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats why I dont think paying to play a game is worth it. You already pay for the internet in your own house...

Spartan-K22 said:
ill contact microsoft.

ill keep you ppl updated

Thanks! I also sent technical support an e-mail so i'm hoping they'll get back to me *doubt it*

DNS errors when attempting to connect to Xbox Live

If you are experiencing DNS errors we recommend that you try out the steps shown below:

Things to try:
1. Ensure that you have properly setup your connection to Live by using the Connectivity Wizard http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/connectt...ivitywizard.htm
2. Powercycle your gateway device - turn it off, wait for at least 30 seconds, then turn it back on.
3. Examine your gateway, and make sure you see blinking lights. Many devices use green lights to show a good connection.
4. Using the dashboard on your Xbox, go to Network Settings. Check your DNS settings are set to Automatic. It would be a good idea to write down your network settings before you make any changes to them.
5. Try to set the DNS server addresses manually. You can set this up in the Xbox Dashboard. If you don't know these addresses, contact your internet service provider.

For additional information on this topic refer to the following KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908884/

Did these steps resolve your issue?

Well after searching through the net, turns out that live has been screwed up these past days, and almost everybody i've seen is experiencing the same problems as I am. Thanks M$ for stealing my money :cautious:

UPDATE: still not working :cautious: *and they haven't contacted me back either*

srry for the double post

According to Majoy Pussy- I mean Nelson: Live is running fine. His blog says so...what a lying bastard. I can't even freaking play OFFLINE while connected!

GruntOfAction said:
According to Majoy Pussy- I mean Nelson: Live is running fine. His blog says so...what a lying bastard. I can't even freaking play OFFLINE while connected!

don't have to be that harsh dude, for some its working, but for the majority its not

PillowFire said:
lawsuit anyone?

I sure as hell smell one right about now.

Or give everyone who has had accounts made before the 23rd a free extra month of XBL.

they probably won't do that unless they get lawsuits, if your a consumer, one of the best ways to make a company listen and realise that they better do something about a problem in their service, is a lawsuit, if microsoft gets no lawsuits, you think they will loose money and give an extra month of XBL? They are a company after all, not a charity, they care not what the consumer thinks so long as the profit roles in, they only care what the consumer thinks when it hurts them financialy, thus, the consumer must use his or her available resources and make a company listen by talking the universal company profit language of money.

PillowFire said:
they probably won't do that unless they get lawsuits, if your a consumer, one of the best ways to make a company listen and realise that they better do something about a problem in their service, is a lawsuit, if microsoft gets no lawsuits, you think they will loose money and give an extra month of XBL? They are a company after all, not a charity, they care not what the consumer thinks so long as the profit roles in, they only care what the consumer thinks when it hurts them financialy, thus, the consumer must use his or her available resources and make a company listen by talking the universal company profit language of money.

Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back