Xenforo 2.1 Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
We have been running on Xenforo's 1.5 software for quite some time. In the interest of improving your user experience while visiting this community, this weekend we upgraded the forum software to the new Xenforo 2.1 software. This was not a migration event, but it is a major upgrade and we chose to do it for a number of reasons including:

• Increased site speed and load times, especially on mobile
  • Improved user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) for desktop and mobile
  • Many improved mobile-friendly features
  • Emoji support
  • Retina avatar and smilie support
  • Improved navigation
  • Improved message editing
  • Alerts in favicon
  • Limited push notification
  • Dark Theme

It's so shiny and white... Guess I'm going to go find that dark theme!

Thanks for all your hard work Art Andrews

It's so shiny and white... Guess I'm going to go find that dark theme!

Thanks for all your hard work Art Andrews
Right above the contact us at the bottom of the page says light style. There you can change it On mobile that is

This is definitely going to take some getting used to. But it doesn’t seem faster already!!

This style probably feels a lot lighter than before but the setup is largely the same. The main difference is that there was an additional wrapper previously which created dark bars up the side of the content. That has been dropped/simplified, so the light directly behind the content extends all the way to the right and left.

Will Regiment Icons be returning to the member map? I already like that you can drag your pin to update your location!:love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back