Yaay, Xbox Live Is Broken!1one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keegan

Alright, apparentley, from what I heard, Bungie is doing a rank reset, or, they are updating their servers.

As of right now, for everyone on Halo 3, "Information could not be recieved from Xbox Live."

Any thoughts?

Shade said:
Could be updating for Firefight, and the rest of the new ODST features?

You think they'd be doing that this early?

Last edited by a moderator:
oh ok good i got grounded and my dad took my ethernet cable (i have a secret wireless hidden away) i plugged it in in and it said that so i thought the wireless thing was screwed thanks for telling me. another question off topic why do halo disc break so easy im on my 4th one

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
Rank reset would not be fun...

tell me about i had a 50 in everything except squadbattles but im sure they would have told use they always have

Alright, Im back to inform.
Its back up and running, ranks are all still the same. What I heard is that Microsoft was preparing for the new updates (FaceBook, Last.fm, etc).

Dunno, but everythings fine I guess.

EDIT: For you that care, this is what actually happened.

sawnose | Bungie.net Superuser |

Hi all,

I've just heard from Xbox Live that they are experiencing a temporary outage related to Leaderboards. This is probably the cause of the problems people are reporting here this morning.

There's no reason to expect this is anything more than a temporary hiccup - it's not a stats reset or anything like that.

Bungie has no other information at this time, sorry.

Sorry for the double post but...

godsarmor said:
tell me about i had a 50 in everything except squadbattles but im sure they would have told use they always have

Right....

Did your mom pay for it?

Keegan said:
Sorry for the double post but...
Right....

Did your mom pay for it?
yeah, don't even bother. He lies all the time about being a 50 in everything.

anyways, Bungie said they would never do a rank reset, so don't worry!

Enrisan said:
yeah, don't even bother. He lies all the time about being a 50 in everything.

anyways, Bungie said they would never do a rank reset, so don't worry!

Okay, well that's good.

This whole thing might be just tests for ODST. If you think about it, it's not too early for testing. And incorporating a new game to an old game isn't exactly a stroll down easy ave.

And I checked godsarmor's GT on Bungie.net, nothing comes up, so I figured.

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
If you think about it, it's not too early for testing. And incorporating a new game to an old game isn't exactly a stroll down easy ave.

Quite the contrary.
Its basically a major update, but instead of over XBL, its being used on a seperate disc, and the only way to access that is with that disc, right?
I might be wrong, but, meh.

Here, I repeat myself once again. :D
sawnose | Bungie.net Superuser |

Hi all,

I've just heard from Xbox Live that they are experiencing a temporary outage related to Leaderboards. This is probably the cause of the problems people are reporting here this morning.

There's no reason to expect this is anything more than a temporary hiccup - it's not a stats reset or anything like that.

Bungie has no other information at this time, sorry.

Precisely. Bungie's stressed it all too often recently: the Halo 3: ODST experience is on a standalone disc and won't work at all with Halo 3. The bonus Halo 3 content will come on its own disc which, I would assume, you would install the content to your HDD from.

godsarmor said:

haha i have a 51 in squad batle lololz i beat you and dont use capital leterz and puntuationz
i also beat tsquared in mlg, he cried afterz

---

Xbox Live is going to be down on June 16th as well.

Chris Gold said:
3 Days till the secondary Test update for XBL... Man thats gonna suck!!!

Chris Gold

Not for me...
I'll be bust busting some ghosts in story mode.
Feels like forever till Tuesday comes. :D

Guess what's all charged up and ready to go?!?
l_4444c97076e2408aaff678c04cc170e8.jpg

mjolnir follower said:
@CPU64

sorry necro posting,but CPU what did you have charged up anyways

He was referring to the Proton pack posted above, because the Ghostbusters game was released back in June, Which coincidently is when this thread should have died.

There was no need to necro this thread for a comment like that, if you have a question like that please pm the person you were asking instead of reviving these threads.

There are already enough garbage threads on the board right now from people who don't read the stickies, Lets please try and minimize that for now.

-Techbot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back