Yay! The 405Th Is Back Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka5p3r

Ok i am glad the 405th is back i was beginning to get that itch like a crack head...lol it was weird not being able to get on in a few days

Yeh i know thank god it's back . lol 405th is an addiction at first i was like WHAT!!! super uber angry sad face then HULK SMASH!!! then just sad face but now SUPRISE FACE anyways apart from that pointless rambling WOOO ITS BACK!!!!

kasper said:
Ok i am glad the 405th is back i was beginning to get that itch like a crack head...lol it was weird not being able to get on in a few days

ahaha and here I was thinking that it was just me going crazy. But yeah, not being able to get on definitely made me feel so uncomfortable. I'm definitely addicted..

must.. go .... online... every...day.....

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a hard two days to deal with, I hadn't realized just how much of my time online is at 405th.

Loess said:
That was a hard two days to deal with, I hadn't realized just how much of my time online is at 405th.

Yeah. It's quite bad that we spend so much time here without even realising it. Most of us are on here every day. Well, I am anyway.

When I first saw the site was down I was like NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WTF is going on!!!!! ... ... Oh wait ... bandwidth exceeded??? Oh crap! But now it's back and I'm surprisingly happy. I had went into a bit of a slump but I'm ok now. This site definitely needs an extra large supper dupper extreme bandwidth allocated to it, with the amount of people that use it so that this doesn't happen again.

*tears of joy* Its Back....Its really back.

That was a hard two days to deal with

LOL Are you serious...two days!!! I thought it was more like a bloody week lol.

I guess that how you feel when a popular site goes down for a bit.

-Pony

kasper said:

I had the exact same feeling dude.

MINZEZ said:
This site definitely needs an extra large supper dupper extreme bandwidth allocated to it, with the amount of people that use it so that this doesn't happen again.

I remember the last time the 405th got on Digg, the hosting company sent Adam an email saying that the site needed to be bumped up to a more robust plan.

Anyone else think we should pass the hat to help out?

WE have a limit of 350GB, and here's what the start of the month looked like (in MB):

1 5,922.22

2 5,721.14

3 5,094.31

4 4,682.01

5 5,138.31

6 5,987.68

7 8,382.42

8 79,712.54

9 41,305.12

10 12,113.87

11 8779.45

12 7779.33

13 7641.56

14 6508.78

15 6447.68

I'm assuming the 8th was the day that Lee's stuff got Dugg, because I was in China at the time and I wouldn't know.

Either way, that's crazy. Are we currently on the highest plan, Adam?

Adam said:
WE have a limit of 350GB, and here's what the start of the month looked like (in MB):

1 5,922.22

2 5,721.14

3 5,094.31

4 4,682.01

5 5,138.31

6 5,987.68

7 8,382.42

8 79,712.54

9 41,305.12

10 12,113.87

11 8779.45

12 7779.33

13 7641.56

14 6508.78

15 6447.68

Hey Adam,

Out of curiousity what do you host on? I run websites on the side for fun and pay for a dedicated server and never use close to my limit of 2 TB / month.

Adam said:
How much you paying for that? We're on HawkHost.com

I pay $200 a month for the dedicated server with 2 TB of bandwidth, 2 hard drives (the extra drive is simply mirrored on a daily basis for backing up) and it's a two processor 3.0 GHz dual core I believe.

I can't remember all the tech specs of the server. I also then pay $34 a month for a server management team to help when I accidentally break a site I can't fix on my own etc.

How much do you pay for your hosting? I have noticed that from time to time the forum seems to hang which could be due to the fact that I assume you're on shared hosting and could be near the peak of what the host can offer.

I think you could probably go for an upgrade. Especially if your site goes down for a few days because of bandwidth overages. I can give you some more advice via PM if you'd like. What I would recommend doing is running advertisements on the forum but ONLY for guests so as to not annoy all the current members who are ad free. If you wanted to share your traffic numbers etc. I could probably even tell you how much money you could expect to make to help put towards the cost of hosting the site.

(I run websites as a side business and am actually looking at getting an additional server to run as a mirror to ensure the site never goes down)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back