Yet another noob (FINISHED ON TIME pg-2) Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Ken

Jr Member
Wanted to thank everyone for their posts on this board. Every question is already answered with a little looking around.

To be able to print some designs on card stock paper, cut them out, fold them, and then glue them together is just the coolest thing I have seen in a while. This is old news to all of you but it’s new to me. 5 days of progress in my spare time. Next 2 days are my days off and I am hitting the fiberglass work hard.

Masterpaper002.jpg

Masterpaper003.jpg

Left boot cover:
Masterpaper008.jpg

Left bicep/shoulder:
Masterpaper012.jpg

Left thigh:
Masterpaper010.jpg

Left calf/knee:
Masterpaper009.jpg

Cod piece:
Masterpaper011.jpg

Left forearm fiberglassed w/left hand plate:
Masterpaper.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Coming along nicely. Kudos, and good luck with the rest of it. Progress pics of the days off ;)

Forgot this one, 2-coats of glass on it. Need to reinforce around the face shield area before cutting it out but quite rigid already. :cool:

Masterpaper007.jpg

I got several more pieces fiberglassed. I still need to make the right forearm, right thigh, right calf/knee, right hand, and right foot.

I am looking at 1 day to paint the whole thing so my son can wear it for Halloween. Then I will go back and sand it and do a more detailed fiberglass job.

Couldn't resist laying it out for this photo. :D

Masterpaper015.jpg

Sir Ken said:
I got several more pieces fiberglassed. I still need to make the right forearm, right thigh, right calf/knee, right hand, and right foot.

I am looking at 1 day to paint the whole thing so my son can wear it for Halloween. Then I will go back and sand it and do a more detailed fiberglass job.

Masterpaper015.jpg
wow dude looks awesome. Cant wait to see it finshed!

Sir Ken said:

Masterpaper015.jpg

Looks really good right now! I cant wait to see the finished product, keep up the good work~!

Thanks for the positive comments so far.

I know this isn't an actual Halo weapon but I think I'll be painting this flat black for my son on the 31st.

pTRU1-2867661_alternate1_dt.jpg

Sir Ken said:
Thanks for the positive comments so far.

I know this isn't an actual Halo weapon but I think I'll be painting this flat black for my son on the 31st.

pTRU1-2867661_alternate1_dt.jpg

the longshot is a great looking nerf gun.

i think in looks best if you remove the front half and bipod, but that just me ;)
=Jubal=

Getting really close now. I still need to fiberglass the hand backs, right foot, and the codpiece. The rest is fiberglassed and ready for paint. After Halloween, I'll go back and do a better job of sanding it but considering it has taken me 12 days to get where I am, I'm fairly happy.

Masterpaper017.jpg

Masterpaper019.jpg

I know this isn't a "Halo" weapon (Nerf Long-Shot) but with the flat-black paint and the darkness of Halloween... who's gonna' know. ;)

Masterpaper020.jpg

That gun is the secks.

it looks awsome, how much did it cost you? I'm thinking it goes for 20-30 dollars.

AoBfrost said:
That gun is the secks.

it looks awsome, how much did it cost you? I'm thinking it goes for 20-30 dollars.

You are right on target, it was on sale at toys-r-us for $26.00.

you know a little cardboard and this could be an AR
probably should have used white lines but you get the point
[attachment=1135:Masterpaper020.jpg]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back