Yet another ODST Build, pic heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.

strangebrownie

To start off, Sorry about the pep pics being so large, they were taken last year with my old camera and I didn't resize them. Sorry in advance.

Ok lets start this thread off! I'm making this one for a friend of mine. She's pretty good at Halo: ODST so I figured I'd make her a helmet. I'm a nice guy, yays!!

The file I used for this build was found at halowiki and is a Halo 2 ODST one.
I started this buildabout 1 year ago (can't do any work during winter months here in minnesota) and has been sitting in storage for a while. I finaly had a few days of good weather and am almost done with is so I'll try to explain the steps as best as I remember.

I cut all the pages and glued them together like you normaly do. Here is the end result:

20101001121210.jpg

I had to tape the visor frame down because for some reason it was binding upwards, no idea how but I'm blaming Mars

20101001121222.jpg

20101001121232.jpg

20101001121325.jpg

After I put it together I resined it and put fiber glass on the inside to as some stregnth (sp).

I bondo'd the whole thing and added some body filler to some spots.

20110412024059.jpg

20110412024109.jpg

After all of that I thought I'd try something new, I used Rondo on the inside! This is the first time I've EVER tried it and it worked out great! Bad thing is that some of the Fiber Glass was poking out through the Rondo, so I just used a dremel and cut it out.

20110412024123.jpg

Sorry the picture isn't the best, I'll get a new one later today.

As of right now I'm sanding, adding bondo, and sanding, forming, adding bondo, and more sanding. As for the details and paint I'm letting her paint it up. I'll have more pictures up later of the rest of this build.

Hope you all approve of it! Thanks for the feed back guys.

~Brownie

After a few days I've continued sanding. Now for the question that I've had for a while. What grade paper is better to sand with, I'm using 80 right now but am sure there is a better one out there? Any help would be great guys.

~Brownie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back