Yoroi Armor Set

Ladies and gentlemen, after a good few months, the Yoroi has broken. The back fell off and shattered on the pavement, sadge. But don't worry, a revamp is in order! The old suit was a little dysfunctional, so I aim to improve a ton in this one!

IMG_3550.jpg

Here's the current work-in-progress chest, already looks so much cleaner than the last one! I will be keeping some parts of the old suit, just revamping them. Mainly, the helmet and the UA Sparrow Temple chest piece. I threw in a new visor for the helmet and sometime soon, I'll get rid of those pesky layer lines.

IMG_3553.jpg

That's all for now, but I'll keep yall posted with more progress! Any questions or comments are appreciated.

Hey y’all, first time on here! I figured I should get my name out there a little and show what I’ve been doing! So far, I’ve got a Yoroi set nearly completed, and I plan on doing a Mark VII as well. This is my first time cosplaying, so any criticism is appreciated! (Also please ignore the weld line on the chest it’ll be covered lol)
View attachment 318402OH...MY...SOUL...THAT IS AWSOME!!!! wow it looks good

Update time y'all! Just got the chest and shoulders rigged and finally got a photo wearing it! Definitely loving how this one feels way more than the last, especially the putting on and taking off! before there was a foam layer underneath, but this one is way lighter without it!

IMG_3565.jpg

The more I work on this though, the more I want to redo my helmet. Those layer lines are killing me! But that's a project for another day, I need to get this armor done first. The deadline to finish is November 12, as I'll be heading to Anime Expo Chibi. If any of y'all are planning to be there, be sure to say hi!

Did you your waist in multiple pieces and if so how did you attach them? Currently working on a 3d print of the waist and am about to get to attaching everything.

Did you your waist in multiple pieces and if so how did you attach them? Currently working on a 3d print of the waist and am about to get to attaching everything.
The waist is four separate parts, obviously the front, sides, and back. On the inside, there's a belt loop that attaches them all together. I haven't gotten to the new waist and the old one is destroyed, so I'll let you know when I finish it!

What set are you making, the Titlewave ones? I'd love to take a look at it!

Alright y'all, it's finally time, the new Yoroi has had a test run!

IMG_3797.jpg

And my god, what a test run it was! Anime Expo Chibi was this weekend, and it was amazing! Definitely worth it to remake the armor. It's lighter, comes with fans to cool me down, and just looks way better.

85ED02EC-7C1A-42A8-8C91-5F296618475F.jpg

I'm super happy with how it looks, but there's always room for upgrades. Namely, I want to add the Ever-Filled Juzu attachment and a few of the concept art additions. I added a small pouch on my rope belt to pass out business cards with (so people can tag me in stuff lol), but it was a little too small and was hard to open. So, I plan to get a bigger one/a second one I can store my phone in as well. After that, I want to add the arm seals for the chest plate, as you can see the foam padding on the inside. I have a few ideas on how to add them, the only issue is you have to reach into the armor to buckle it up.

9BGI7c4cqrlRJHFODNQUrFiAY6D3IAo9s3i9j-RxgBs.jpeg
1668551806301.png

That's all for the Yoroi for now, but I have a few other projects in the works! I'll post about those in another forum, as I want to document the buld process of my newest prop, the Banished Skewer!

First update of 2023, wow! I've made a ton of adjustments so far, as well as a trip to Los Angeles Comic Con! For starters, I have the Staghelm Crest horns now!

unnamed (3).jpg

Met a ton of y'all there, it really was a blast. Plus I got to get some photos in the rain too, which came out fantastic.

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed (4).jpg

Oh did I mention I had a Carbine now? Crunched it for this con, I'm super proud of how it turned out! In other news, I have begun work on the unreleased Dragonborn Noble shoulders, as well as a fully working Oddworks Battle Rifle on the backburner.

unnamed (5).jpg
unnamed (6).jpg

I've also begun working on the hardest part of builds IMO, electronics! I've ordered some helmet fans, as well as lighting for the entire suit. Depending on what I can do, I'll be vacuforming all the white parts of the helmet and the visor, but we'll see how that goes. After that, I installed a mic in the helmet! It wires to a speaker that I'll (ideally) put in the chest, but if that doesn't work, it'll hang on the waist. Finally, I want to rig up a smoke machine in the back jets! I've been researching them and I'll probably throw one with a splitter through both jets. I've begun cutting up the jets on 3D Builder, just to see if it's actually feasible or not. I'll keep y'all posted on that, mainly because everything needs to deliver lol. Talk to you soon!

Will you be vacuum forming by yourself? Ive tried it once before and i failed miserably. I just decided to give up for now, and try again later

You can get away with printing the white helmet bits out of transparent filament with 0 or 100% infill. Especially if you're going to push light through it you'll want the diffusion.

I just started vacuum forming visors for my own yoroi helmet! The buck form vek3d gives you is pretty good for it tbh. (It's less clear because I've left the film on until I dye it).
16729494085234065490972653415089.jpg

Will you be vacuum forming by yourself? Ive tried it once before and i failed miserably. I just decided to give up for now, and try again later
Honestly, I have no idea yet. Gotta get a vacuform box, but I am incredibly broke at the moment, so who knows?

This thread is more than 6 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back