You might receive a scratched Halo 3 disk..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it hard to believe that would be the case, as the disc itself is not simply thrown in there loose. Most likely what happened was a fluke (sometimes discs do fall off thier peg and shake around a bit in the case), and is just not so with every one. Even if they were loose in the case, I can't see how they could get that badly scratched up; it's not like there's an awful lot of room for them to bounce around. Besides, that linked thread is in regards to the Limited Edition, not Legendary, so the case design may be different for the high-end set...

Well, I said the case design might be different for the high-end set. I can't say with 100% certainty, although from what I have seen the jewel case for the regular, Limited Edition and Legendary versions of the game appear to be slightly different from one another. In any case, I seriously doubt every copy of the game would be scratched. Microsoft wouldn't have put all that money into development if it was going to result in many customer complaints and returns. Not a very sound marketing standpoint, imho...

EDIT: From what I read, the Legendary disc set either comes in "a tweaked regular edition case with the old school clip to hold the disc" or "two black plastic DVD cases." So, anyone who bought the high-end set needn't worry about this problem...

I received my Legendary set without so much as a scratch on the discs. As I'd read yesterday, the cases have the pressure-clapse peg to hold them in place, so no worries there... :cool:

when I was at Gamestop for the launch there was at least 15 -30 of the collectors edition disks that were badly damaged due to the packaging and unfortunatly no one is going to do a refund for them since the collectors and legendary are rare, the manager there was offering to swap people for the regular edition if yours was scratched but wouldnt replace them.

his official statement was "If you want a replacement of the collectors or legendary you have to send it into Microsoft"

luckly mine wasnt scratched but dang....there were some pissed off people let me tell you

zeronifty said:
when I was at Gamestop for the launch there was at least 15 -30 of the collectors edition disks that were badly damaged due to the packaging and unfortunatly no one is going to do a refund for them since the collectors and legendary are rare, the manager there was offering to swap people for the regular edition if yours was scratched but wouldnt replace them.

his official statement was "If you want a replacement of the collectors or legendary you have to send it into Microsoft"
luckly mine wasnt scratched but dang....there were some pissed off people let me tell you
mine has a little scratch in the middle i just love it its like a battle scar =p does your disc have a battle scar??=p

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not have a single scratch on my limited edition game of Halo 3. I got it in the mail yesterday, completely scratch free, without falling off the spindle, so there is a VERY SLIGHT chance of it not being messed up. I got very lucky, and I'm glad that I was able to play Halo 3 yesterday without having to worry about the game not working.

they make special plastic cd protectors that snap right over the disk, the cd hopper is big enough so that it can hold the slightly extra width of the game and cover, so get some of them to keep your disk from gettin scratched up, all of my games are still in mint condition cause the protectors dont bother them when i put them in my xbox and play em.

Our Limited disc was scratched all to hell. Couldn't believe how many scratches were on it. They let me know up front there might be a problem and replaced the disc with one from a regular version. The difference is the disc label is different on the two. I'm not keeping it as a collector's item, so I took the regular labeled one.

Our Legendary disc was fine. (yeah, gotta have two of 'em to hook up two tvs...)

Hollis DZC said:
Our Limited disc was scratched all to hell. Couldn't believe how many scratches were on it. They let me know up front there might be a problem and replaced the disc with one from a regular version. The difference is the disc label is different on the two. I'm not keeping it as a collector's item, so I took the regular labeled one.

Our Legendary disc was fine. (yeah, gotta have two of 'em to hook up two tvs...)

HA...i had the same problem with my collecters edition. First Ebgames wouldn't change it for me because they said i didn't buy the so called "warranty" for it. So i yelled at the employee saying i didn't pay 80 bucks for a scratched disc and threatened to contact the manager. Then he changed it for me. LOL :lol: Owned by a 16 year old!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my collectors edition at like 1150 on the monday, and then got home to find it scratched to hell... had to return it... got the regular version, I don't need to see the how we made halo videos and crap on the bonus disc, I know how they made it.

i got my limited edit. from walmart, guess what, scratched to h311 they went to replace it and every copy that they had was scratched up, like 100 copies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back