Youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.

hypnotoad

Boycott YouTube DEC. 19-21.
Do not go on Youtube 19-21
youtube is going censorship.
They will watch all our post and delete any negative posts.
They are removing our freedom of expression.

Why don't go on 19-21?
youtube will see their traffic fall
and will know what we want.

Spread the word.
tell every one.

you can thank senator Lieberman for this and H.R. 1955, 1959 ,or the "homegrown radicalization and terrorism prevention act" so pretty much any thing you post negative about any one in office persay, can be considered almost treason...it doesnt allow for freedom of speech

It seems to me like they will only be deleting the "OMG this video r teh suxxors" posts. I don't see whats bad about that...
o_O

But if they remove videos with cursing in them (Like DigitalPh33r's Arby n' Chief) then I will just have to join Machinima.com to post my videos...

... so they are going to manually delete all negative posts? that will take forever and by the time they have done it no-one will use youtube anymore.
i know people can be annoying but i can be good to have criticism at times.

Tengil said:
is this all versions of youtyube or just the american one??
do you also have a source for this??
I found the blog. it means the content will be removed on the 'featured bar', etc. and profanity will be 'demoted'
wich doesnt mean removed. it just means decreased. besides ive been on all day and nothings happend except for the vlogbrothers being all over the frontpage. the writing seems legit but i still have doubts. [damn Anons] :cautious:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ummm, they do own the site, so they CAN do what they want. Freedom of expression (speech, whatever) has never been without limits. There have always been boundaries within which you had to play. The boundaries can be pushed, but breaking them gets you shut down.

there is more going on to youtube than google buying it and them messing with negative posts...seriously...there have been videos messed with like some people i know who post videos about being in a militia.....and other politicaly based channels on youtube...there view counts are being messed with so things that the owners of youtube deem innapropriate dont get the views they should so they dont get brought up in searches...even though they may have thousands of actual views...they only show about 100 views....its even happened to a few videos i made.....the counts were climbing and climbing ...then they just stopped...almost as if people couldnt find them unless they had a link to it..... do a search for "h.r. 1959 or 1955"
there have even been a few videos on google video that i know had hundreds of thousands of views and they keep getting demoted down to nothing so people cant get to them and get real information.....just keep the cattle (us) fed and dry and they wont care when you make them into hamburger....not to sound paranoid...but things are being monitored and so are alot of people...this is a very different time we live in and people need to be able to stay informed with the real truth....instead of the fox news version of everything.....any ways ...stay informed people....and stay safe

I think instead of this, they should go through all the videos and delete all the stupid rick rollers. It was funny at first, but all the kids who are doing it for every video is starting to get annoying. I think they should scan all of the videos, delete all the Rick Roll ones, and ban any accounts that do it from there on. It should clean up Youtube a great deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back