Yuuta's Odst Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loves hina

Jr Member
Sorry for the delay in updates, getting more into halo combined with getting good internet means i play the game much more, along with monster hunter. But since i finally killed a ucambulas, i should be working on the armor much more now. And with new vigor because i believe i have decided on switching. With some closer looks through some of the forums and at some pics of the new game i have a whole new appreciation/love for the armor. So before i started i wanted to get a few tips, ive looked and downloaded all the pep files i should need for it (I love how complicated the chest part is). One thing i was wondering was if i should use the rundown or NZ-TK helmet, which one builds, finishes most easily/accurately. Also, i noticed that most of the current pepakura peices are accurate to the new game for the most part, with the inclusion of the new shoulder i should be set except ive noticed that the gauntlet isnt as squared in the new game as previous versions, so i was wondering what could be done to round out the pepakura version.

Hopefuly i wont be truly canceling my hayabusa build, just putting it off for now. and i hope that my editing is lawfull to the forums rules.

um, i cant remember exactly. I think i just found it ramdomly posted while searching around the forums. Nice name btw

Really nice peps! I especially like the helmet. Although Hayabasa has never been one of my top picks (actually, it's EOD that I really don't like), you sure put the model together nicely. I can barely see any deformations/bending, and it's a shame that the size was just a bit off (but I bet one of your friends might be interested in it ... if thier head is smaller). I'm tryning to finish an armor build this summer with my friend also (well, one set each). The crotch/space-diaper looks great, too. (You may want to reinforce the piece two polygons to the left of the "Honor-Armor-Unity" piece with a small square of cardstock. Just a thought, though. The resining looks good too. I'm guessing you're planning to make the inside of the thigh pieces seperate, possibly a part of the undersuit. LOL after seeing the skull, I can think of nothing other than the Red vs. Blue episode with Donut and the tryouts: "Hey Sarge, how can I kiss your *expletive* if I don't have any lips?" - Good old Grif

Anyway (totally off-topic, I know), you look like you've made some great progress. Keep up the good work!

YuutaKenshi said:
I have a question regarding the hayabusa body peice. It seems that based on whats on the wiki, i can either go through the process of re-arranging the A4 full body hayabusa, or i can make the high detail peice of the mkVI and add the attachment. That would probably be the preferable method considering that the back of the hd mkVI looks much better that the hayabusa. My problem arise on how am i going to attach the attachment to the armor and be able to fiberglass the inside of it. Any tips appreciated, and im rolling some ideas aroun in my head. And also ive been hunting for information reagrding how many layers of cloth/resin or mat/resin are needed, because ive heard equal amounts of both and my experience so far says that 1 layer of cloth is fine for most peices, but i could be wrong.
Well, regarding the attachment piece, I think someone had a WIP in the Elite section where they were working on a 'busa chest attachment (i hunt zombies, I think. Some guy who did a godlike scout helm), and it was a separate part, he might have posted something there. Also, I read about someone's CQB attachment where they mounted magnets in the armor pieces and used those to attach it, thereby making it removable at will.

You can do all sorts of things, but if you had some really strong magnets then that'd be nearly perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, been a bit now, but ive managed to get the main chest peice pepped now, and tomorrow i hope to get a lot of work done on the chest packs. I have a couple questions regarding the files im using, the landfall Weta version. Most of these are accurate to the game, except the top chest peice, which is clightly different, but i actually like this one better, but i was wondering, it looks like the side peices are maybe hinged with the main middle peice, and i was wonder how that mihgt best be accomplished. Also, the gauntlets in this set of files are much different from the new games, which are rounded, not square. I was wondering of there is possibly a new updated version of those, or atleast something more accurate.

also, thatnks to everyone for the great files.

YuutaKenshi said:
I have a question regarding the hayabusa body peice. It seems that based on whats on the wiki, i can either go through the process of re-arranging the A4 full body hayabusa, or i can make the high detail peice of the mkVI and add the attachment. That would probably be the preferable method considering that the back of the hd mkVI looks much better that the hayabusa. My problem arise on how am i going to attach the attachment to the armor and be able to fiberglass the inside of it. Any tips appreciated, and im rolling some ideas aroun in my head. And also ive been hunting for information reagrding how many layers of cloth/resin or mat/resin are needed, because ive heard equal amounts of both and my experience so far says that 1 layer of cloth is fine for most peices, but i could be wrong.

personaly ive thought of doing a hayabusa what i was going to do was make the chest and then make the attachment removable so you will have twice the armor for a lot less work. so if you wanted to make a regular suit you would already have the hardest piece done you would only need to repaint it if you wanted to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, sorry for the confusion folks but ive finally got this straightened out. I found the new odst pep thread and all its fabulous new parts. Edit: Ive found all of the parts and put them together in a nice file on my desktop.

I was wondering if the back pad and main chest peice from the landfall set still apply to the new armor, as i cant find a good pic of the back side. Im going for the main character, the rookie from the new game, so i dont believe he has that huge backpack on, so if anyone could enlighten me upon anymore new files beyond what i have found and listed here, i would love it. Thanks to all for the new pep files, even before the games release. great job.

Hey guys, got my first big update on my armor here, a couple pics ive got of my builds the last couple days.

[attachment=11151:IMG_0123.JPG]

[attachment=11152:IMG_0125.JPG]

Got a few peices of the new ODST armor, not too much impressive, but once i finish the next couple of peices (the two side equipment packs and the chest packs) ill fiberglass em and start my first set of bondo-ing. Im not usre if im going to use the Weta main chest peice in the right of the first pic. I think i am though, becuase i seems accurate to a large degree, excluding some non, smooth details, and the neckseal part is a little too big, and has only one ridge.

[attachment=11153:IMG_0063.JPG]

[attachment=11154:IMG_0065.JPG]

And i thought id add these for fun, found in buried in my camera from a few months ago, i have the full costume done. Ill post it if i can and its wanted. Im also planning on an Ezios costume when the game comes out this fall.

Ive got an update with pics on the way, theyll be here after this weekend. First off, it hit me that i need to step it up a bit if i want to finish this by the new release, it should be possible, but itll take some work. Right now ive printed off the next set of peices to pep. Ive already done the body packs and have them mostly fiberglassed. :WARNING: to anyone pepping the new odst chestplate, when you go to fiberglass the inside take precautions so that the side flaps dont bend down from the weight. some support or a 2 stage glassing should fix that. Ive realised that i may not have time to make my own helm, so if anyone knows of someone who is willing to sell me a cast of the basic odst helm from the new game, or an accurate one to that, id like to know. Btw, id probably need one slightly smaller than usual if i can get one like that. hopefully, by the end of this coming week, i will have pepped both legs (3 parts) and arms (2 parts). Theyr all simple except for the shins, so im going to try them out first. All in all, ive got the shins, knees, thighs, arms and shoulders to pep.

Heres i much bigger update, this time with pics!!!!

[attachment=11965:IMG_0135.jpg]

[attachment=11967:IMG_0137.jpg]

Heres my shins, i have the other knee done, but its not there right now.

[attachment=11966:IMG_0136.jpg]

Heres my chest packs, all resined and the main one glassed. Came out really good, and i have the other side pack done as well.

[attachment=11968:IMG_0139.jpg]

Heres my shin and one of my hip plates, i have the other hip cut out and ready to put together. I need to do the other shin, and on them i made them alot smother but just not folding anything but the extreme folds. worked out really well and will save my ALOT of bondo. I have a shoulder peice almost done, and the other is printed. All inall, i hope to have the glassing and peppign 95% done by monday.

Right now theyre braced really well for fiberglassing, they fit over each other nicely. I dont plan on having this done by the release for various reasons. i hope to have it done very soon after. So far have every peice done except one arm and a half of a head. Included...here!

[attachment=12133:A badass ODST helm 50%.jpg]

I must say, the helmet went much more smoothly and easily thanks to some great advice from NightShade and Ral Partha. Ral Parthas unfold is godly.

My next update should include:

1 fiberglassed helm

many various other fiberglassed peices

various obtained materials

i had a quick question. Im going to finish getting the rest of my supplies pretty soon here, and wanted to know what kind of foam works good for padding the armor and helmet. And also, the place i get alot of my stuff at is grangers industrial supply, and i was wondering if anyone ahd looked at pre-tinted lexan sheets. They apparently have some, and if so and they look good it would save me alot of time in making my visor.

Woot, got my first sanding done today, and it sure was humid enough for it. Even so, i got some good work done on my helmet. A little bondo in some areas, fiberglass in a spot or two inside. And a trick that my dad knows thats great for filling some small bubble holes, super glue. A drop of super glue and a drop of accelerator and you have yourself a permanent 2 second fix. Thats what will follow tomorrow.

[attachment=12521:IMG_0179.jpg]

[attachment=12522:IMG_0182.jpg]

[attachment=12523:IMG_0183.jpg]

So what do you think, guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back