What do you think of this novel so far?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like chapter 2, it's interresting, i wonder if they are really human sent on a mission but got sucked in by the gravitational pull of the planet, and the planet was already infested with flood.

Sigh, more work on the roster guy.

ACDCrockr209 said:
I don't exactly get where your getting at but here it goes:

color: Standard black with red markings (like in the game).

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

I just wanted to give more of a cool option thingy, than just saying " your a ODSt get used to it". I want to give indivualalitie of each ODST

shellshocker said:
Well, most or all ODST have a black uniform with just some strips of color I believe...

I just made up a custom permunition for my character.

He is an ODST, but he wants his right arm light so he could aim faster, so he doesn't wear a gauntlet on his right arm, and he uses a lighter CQB permunition shoulder cover for his right shoulder.

His color is mostly black, but his right shoulder is dark red

Sorry, ODST's are ODST's, no special type of armor, just diffrent color strippings. No spartan shoulders.torso.helm.
Overlord_Ian said:
Name: Ian

Hope it not too late for this, sorry

Nonsense, we need more marines anyway. No offense but i can of feel like the boss, or at least the role inspector. Lol or the authors assistant.

shellshocker said:
First, a Petty Officer isn't a rank. It's just like saying an 'Army commander'.
Second, the slot for Spartans are full, if you see in the first page
BTW, Brutes are 'Jiralhanae' not 'Jiralhae'

... It's kinda funny cuz Jiralhanae is actually korean(지랄하네) and Jiralhae could also mean a korean word(지랄해)

I'm glad to see me and SpartanSRS isn't the only one helping out.
WarHead9705 said:
I have a proposition. If you wanted to, have 3 brothers in the story. Have them all in different fields. But when found on spare time their either gambling with each other are fighting. If you like the idea, this will be their stats.
(don't mean to be intruding, Just want to help spice up the story :) )
Name: Kert Lexhal Tierney
specialty: anti armor, loves rocket launcher and battle rifle.

Name: Tank Armin Tierney
specialty: Knows everything about the frigate class battleship. Loves putting things together.
Kills his enemys with crowbars, knives, wrenches, and dual SMG's

Hope you like the idea!

Many thanks, i mean who wants the novel to just be about the usual, when we can have funny stuff and dramtica seens, and relationships. These characters are going to go great with the machinima me and SpartanSRS are going to make, oops.

Chupathingy said:
Dang. I leave for a weekend and this thing takes off on me! I have a couple questions, mainly about my role. I show up twice on the Roster that SpartanMjolnir made. It says Corporal Ryan for a Marine grunt, and a Captain, which I'm not sure where that came from. BTW I am a squad member as a Corporal, and I would like to be the Squad Designated Marksman, I.E. Sniper, so I carry the Sniper Rifle. And no Catchphrase, he's not that kinda guy. Rather soft spoken if you will. As a Captain I'd have to say he controls a Company of Marines, which I think is appropriate for a Captain. Infantry FTW!

Don't get me wrong, i'm honored you placed me in the Officers Corps without asking, I just want to know where that came from........

Looks great! I can't wait too see more!

Yeah sorry about that. 2 hours of researching and typing everyones role. Yikes! When i was checking your application ( lol) you didn't have a rank ( i only checked application did not check the text of the people who changed their minds) and you didn't put a rank. So i made one up. then i checked SRS's Characters list, and you were a captain so i put you in the UNSC staff. I fix it.

Heads up to every ODST and Marines, it's hard if everyone wants to be a sergeant and stuff, i mean then you would have to be in a squad and everything. So I'll just squad you up with other sergeants. Captains and up have squad. And don't change your ranking because i'll pick some sergeant leaders of squads.

Syphon said:
just saw where ya wanted a catch phrase for the marines. do pelican pilots count for that to? if they do i think Sam "Baja" would have a catch phrase like "Shoot first, shoot second, shoot some more, then when everyone is dead try and ask some questions" or "Kill them all and let God sort out the mess" or (redundant huh? :lol:)
"FUBAR is when the fun begins" i dont know what direction ya wanted to go with his character, just pic one ya like, or make up your own :cool:

Yeah, you said you were a pelican pilot and a marine. So you are a pelican owner and marine. Yes give your pelican a name, and don't say pelican

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, sir yes sir, will do, how bout "Rhazgriz" for the name of my *cough* aerial vehicle of transportation *cough* :cool: roughly translates to "Sky Demon" in German if my friend knows what he is talking about, its also the name of my paintball team, and i think "FUBAR is when the fun begins" is mah catch phrase, sounds like that was a favorite

also, awesome job on chapter 2, i love the cliff hanger ending, ive read a lot of book, and i can tell ya, this one will have me glued to it

TheSpartanMjolnir///Sorry, ODST's are ODST's, no special type of armor, just diffrent color strippings. No spartan shoulders.torso.helm.

You should know that the new Halo 3: ODST is showing new ODST component parts.

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopi...ulder&st=20

This is the CQB part I was talking about.

SpartanSRS//Yeah, maybe I should just describe the monsters more. As humanoid. Because the forerunners were related to humans. :\. However thanks for the heads up.

Um.. I don't think you got me.
"Could it be Forerunner?"
Is the Arbiter's line, I believe.
The Arbiter - and Elite - is stating the Forerunners just Forerunners.
But since he worships the Forerunners, he probably would state them 'holy ~~~' or something, just than the name. Like Christians would state wouldn't just say Jesus, but Christ or Jesus Christ (Yeah, well not all christians do, but we know the attitude of the Elites to the Forerunners, don't we?)

Syphon said:
lol, sir yes sir, will do, how bout "Rhazgriz" for the name of my *cough* aerial vehicle of transportation *cough* :cool: roughly translates to "Sky Demon" in German if my friend knows what he is talking about, its also the name of my paintball team, and i think "FUBAR is when the fun begins" is mah catch phrase, sounds like that was a favorite

lol, I like Ace Combat 5!

...Um, yeah.. it might have nothing with your quote 'ㅅ'

shellshocker said:
TheSpartanMjolnir///Sorry, ODST's are ODST's, no special type of armor, just diffrent color strippings. No spartan shoulders.torso.helm.

Ask SpartanSRS about it, he IS he author. I'm just helping him out, even though i didn't ask! Lol.

Wow, great work!!!!! I loved it, i was just reading at the end there and saw you had some spot's left for ODST! Wondering if i could take a spot, Great Work BTW can't wait to read more! :lol:

I just wanted to give more of a cool option thingy, than just saying " your a ODSt get used to it". I want to give indivualalitie of each ODST

You want individuality i'll give it to ya.

Instead of always fighting in a helmet I'll sometimes be fighting without one so my long black hair can flow in the wind while i'm pouring hot lead into an enemy's chest.

Please add my long hair in the story. It shows the enemy that I have a warrior spirit and how sexy it is lolz.

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

ACDCrockr209 said:
You want individuality i'll give it to ya.

Instead of always fighting in a helmet I'll sometimes be fighting without one so my long black hair can flow in the wind while i'm pouring hot lead into an enemy's chest.

Please add my long hair in the story. It shows the enemy that I have a warrior spirit and how sexy it is lolz.

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

I didn't want to show indidvidualalitie that way. Just ask SpartanSRS.

The Hunter II4 said:
Name: Lt Aaron"Hunter"Jay

can i be in your novel... :(

I'm pretty sure that SpartanSRS will let you, because to fill all of the left over sots

shellshocker said:

Ok, maybe new component will work for SpartanSRS, he said the variants of armor. You just didn't make it clear that it weas a new ODSt component, you just said CQB part, which i though you meant a spartan CQB. So Spartan have th sme armor, pilots have their pilot armor, marinesmaybe they can change a little? and ODST/Recon can have diffrent varriants new parts for their armor. IDk just ask SpartanSRS all this

xMazdachiefx said:
Wow, great work!!!!! I loved it, i was just reading at the end there and saw you had some spot's left for ODST! Wondering if i could take a spot, Great Work BTW can't wait to read more! :lol:

Well of course you can join we have like 4 -5 slots left for ODST. Just go back to page 6, look at my post of the roles. Look at ODst they have questions,and answer them for me.

Get new people joining in this story is hard work. And sometimes make me mad. Lol. I'll edit my role post when i come back in 6 hours. If anybody has any questions about roles me or spartansSRS could answer them. Maybe just PSartanSRS but you get the pooint

The Hunter II4 said:
Name: Lt Aaron"Hunter"Jay

can i be in your novel... :(

Another pilot! Looks like we'll have one heck of a Pelican squadron! Don't forget we will need copilots and crew chiefs to help us out, so anyone wanting a piece of the action better join us.

For the Pelican crews: How about VMM-304 "Red Hawks" for our squadron designation? (VMM- VTOL Marine Medium transport)

SpartanSRS said:
[...]

Sure I'll be a spartan too? :eek: Lol XD, yeah we have most or all of the Spartan slots filled up as well with the ODST slots. You can use the topic page for more reference for the characters that are already in the story :]

[...]

Well, the ODST slots are filled up, you can be a Marine though! :D You could be the heavy gunner of a Scorpion or Warthog :]

Well... not to be a nag with this or anything, but... if there is still one SPARTAN slot left open, I'd like to take it (counted only nine in TheSpartanMjolnir's listing). Unless you can't change the way my character's been written into the story, don't worry about it lol

Name: James(first) Craig(last name)

It'll be read Sgt. James Craig.
Was born in the Zeta Doradus System and promoted to Gunnery Sgt. in the Advanced Sniping and Tracking Unit and the Demolition and Recon Squad ( ASTU, DRS). The ASTU are manhunters that hunt the enemy in groups of two or three. The DRS find missing people and items(Generals, Insurrectionist-Covie armories, illegal and dangerous imports, etc.) by any means necessary and escape with a bang when necessary(a lot).
Demoted for incorrect usage of explosives. ;)

Also, my friend who loves aircraft.

Name: Ramos
Read Private Ramos. He pilots a Hawk.
Darn it! just saw the Odst filled up notice....If I cant be an ODST you could put me as a Marine. I'll snipe right out of the Hawk!

Oh, and If your looking for an AI, how bout Amaterasu, the sun god? He's pretty cool. Slightly fierce in fights but always happy and optimistic whenever!
Wears a white Hakama without a shirt and a red headband!

shellshocker said:
lol, I like Ace Combat 5!

dude, Ace Combat 5 was the best one they made, i love that game almost as much as Halo :cool: sucks that chopper died tho, never forgave them for that

TrackerXNinjaX said:
Also, my friend who loves aircraft.

Name: Ramos
Read Private Ramos. He pilots a Hawk.
Darn it! just saw the Odst filled up notice....If I cant be an ODST you could put me as a Marine. I'll snipe right out of the Hawk!

If he wants to be a pilot, he needs to be an officer, not enlisted. How about putting him as a 2nd or 1st Lieutenant?

Sorry everyone about not being able to update today, I'm at school during the entire weekday, so I'll only have time to update every hour or so from 4-6 CST. I'm not sure I'll even put my self in the story Spartan II because it'll create a bunch of arguments over spots... I'm going to get started on Chapter 3 right now since I'm at the library.

SpartanSRS said:
Sorry everyone about not being able to update today, I'm at school during the entire weekday, so I'll only have time to update every hour or so from 4-6 CST. I'm not sure I'll even put my self in the story Spartan II because it'll create a bunch of arguments over spots... I'm going to get started on Chapter 3 right now since I'm at the library.

That's kewl, SRS. If it's going to cause difficulties/issues trying to rewrite my character in the story, then leave it as-is. Just don't kill me off too quick, alright? :lol: It's coming along great so far, btw. Really enjoying the read ;)

SPARTAN II said:
That's kewl, SRS. If it's going to cause difficulties/issues trying to rewrite my character in the story, then leave it as-is. Just don't kill me off too quick, alright? :lol: It's coming along great so far, btw. Really enjoying the read ;)

Well, I never incorporated myself into the story. But since no one was taking Admiral, I changed it to be myself. Parse... hmm, You won't die to quick. Everyone in this story will die in some kind of extraordinary fashion. And... Chapter 3 is at least halfway done.

SpartanSRS said:
Well, I never incorporated myself into the story. But since no one was taking Admiral, I changed it to be myself. Parse... hmm, You won't die to quick. Everyone in this story will die in some kind of extraordinary fashion. And... Chapter 3 is at least halfway done.

"Send me out... with a bang" then :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back