Props 40k Nerf Recon/Bolt pistol build

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is definitely an awesome build, and even better since it's scratch built. Looking forward to seeing the progress on it later. :D

That is definitely an awesome build, and even better since it's scratch built. Looking forward to seeing the progress on it later. :D

Fantastic turnout, everything is very detailed! Excellent scratchbuild skills, good luck on the rest!

Thanks guys!

Nice job, I hope you are still working on your pulse rifle though

Yep, however it was waiting on warmer weather as the fibreglassing didnt like winter. (I needed a break also lol)

I never played Warhammer... but the gun looks like its coming along, are you going to make the magazine be removeable?

The magazine is removeable and useable with nerf darts still :)

Update on the weekend. Cheers,

I was looking at this the other day and realised, I have no idea how you plan on cocking this thing with all that wood on top.
Are you hooking up some sort of special mechanism for this, not having it capable of firing, or am I just missing something really obvious?

The "border" that you were debating on was definitely worth it!! Looks great buddy.

-Matt

Thanks man! Most bolters (and some bolt pistols) have something like it si i figured it couldnt hurt to add more detail.

I was looking at this the other day and realised, I have no idea how you plan on cocking this thing with all that wood on top.
Are you hooking up some sort of special mechanism for this, not having it capable of firing, or am I just missing something really obvious?

heheh yeah i guess its time i started working on that part :) So, there will be internal priming rails that will stick out the back and will be mounted to something cool looking:

6341420351_683cb7621a_z.jpg

6341422663_b2384a6578_z.jpg

See also the almost finished handle which needs to be sanded to shape and split with a dremel cutting disk and the internal frame which everything screws to. This thing is pretty solid!

Cheers,

Damn, that looks great. Just wondering, what material did you use in the topic post? The brown board stuff.
Looks like it might be 6 or 9mm MDF board.
In the last picture though, you can see some pine, PVC and a few other bits, but the majority of it is MDF by the looks of it.

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of replies and updates recently, ive been working solid 5:30pm to 3am nights on some theatre props... Soooo tired! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/43859044@N02/ Control panels that do things :) )

But ive a small update when there was glue drying lol. These are the cocking bars that will allow it to be cocked from the rear:

6392180949_e1105e6bf0_z.jpg

6392178411_2d1797145e_z.jpg

6392175789_a1c46a8314_z.jpg

Ive done the other side but there are no pics due to the camera going flat.

Ive also split the epoxy sculp on the handle so i can get into the blaster. The seam isnt as neat as i was hoping but it will do.

Cheers,

(Ill reply to you all today hopefully.)

Looks really good man... and idk if i missed this in your thread but will this shoot? It loooks fireable...
Yep, that's what the bits of wood hanging out the rear of the gun are for. They're going to cock the gun when it's all mocked up like the Bolter.

Legendary!!

How can I aquire a piece of epicness like this!

No plans to make more than one... yet.

Damn, that looks great. Just wondering, what material did you use in the topic post? The brown board stuff.

Looks like it might be 6 or 9mm MDF board.
In the last picture though, you can see some pine, PVC and a few other bits, but the majority of it is MDF by the looks of it.

Thanks SquishyShoes! Yep its 6mm MDF (Craftwood) and bits and peices i had laying around. The pine i believe is 20mm aprox and gives some structure to the sides. There is also PVC pipe and styrene sheet, which makes doing panels alot easier.

Awesome looking weapon you have got going here. love the details you've put into it.

Cheers man! I take a long time doing these as all the details seem to take the longest lol.

Yep, that's what the bits of wood hanging out the rear of the gun are for. They're going to cock the gun when it's all mocked up like the Bolter.

+1 Yep. Altought its actually acrylic which should be more flexible. Ive got some metal Orange Mod Works parts for the Recon so it should give some power to it once they are installed. Im not sure exactly how im going to link it all up and what ill mount at the rear but it shouldnt be too bad. Small square bit at the rear, heat and bend the acrylic to fold over and it should be sweet.

Thanks for all the kind words guys! It means alot!

Stage one and two Orange Mod Works recon kits installed, check.
Loading and firing darts without issue, check.
Sounding like it will break something everytime it fires, check. :D

I forgot to take a photo of the sweet metal internals but google should help if someone is curious. You can just see the metal plunger tube and bolt sled.
6414712085_b2bbdef46e_z.jpg

The cocking rails now fit nicely and without rubbing on anything.
6414733089_33a5c51268_z.jpg

Its so close to painting now i can almost feel it. And then see all the bits ive missed lol.

Cheers,

This is the cocking mechanism.

6433522589_86005696c7_z.jpg

6433524577_863976409b_z.jpg

A quick sand and shape and it will be ready for undercoat prep. Ie more sanding :D

Cheers,

+1 Yep. Altought its actually acrylic which should be more flexible.
Yeh, I didn't think it was wood. Come to think of it, I think we used to use some in tech at school. Probably should have recognised it :p
This is the cocking mechanism.

6433522589_86005696c7_z.jpg

6433524577_863976409b_z.jpg
I know it's annoying when people quote pictures, but you have done a really kick ass job of making that look like it should just be there.
Really awesome job so far Combust, nay ideas for the paint job/scheme?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back