Another Master Chief Build...

Status
Not open for further replies.
very nice clean pep for a first timer .. wayyyyy better than mine ..even with my standard now .. :( ... anyway loving the helm ! the handplate a wee bit oversized tho ... :p

MrTiki: Thanks! i kinda go overkill on all of my fiber glassing though ha ha, all my pieces are UBER strong XD

Gixxer: Thanks! i try to do the best job because i HATE SANDING WITH A PASSION LOL, And whatever happened to bigger is better? Ha ha

Holy crap! The 405 is back!!!! W00t : D

SO! this is whats up...

Scaling issues... ha ha ya..... BUT fixing those so heres some funny pics of scaling XD and i currently have both Fore-Arms made, and one Fiber-glassed. I have one new handplate pepped, and im pepping up my new shoulder/bicep then i will be doing the re-scaled COD piece too.

IMG_0796.jpg

The COD piece was... a little massive LOL

IMG_0798.jpg

Handplate....

IMG_0797.jpg

Shoulder....

So ya, i actually HAVE been doing something... although im going pretty slow, been really busy lately...

Nice work so far. I think that shoulder is also going to be scaled too big. Just looks like it from the pic and didn't want you to completely finish the piece before you noticed. (I hate when I do that!)

Nice work on the helmet and handplate (though scaling is your friend ;)

Looking forward to seeing more updates with your work! Keep up the good job!!

Justanuthercap said:
Nice work so far. I think that shoulder is also going to be scaled too big. Just looks like it from the pic and didn't want you to completely finish the piece before you noticed. (I hate when I do that!)

Oh i know, these are the pieces that i completed far enough to see how far the scale was out, the piece of paper i have with the black squares on it is how im helping to get the scale down, all three of these are too large, and i have started re-making them in hopefully proper scale to me now.

Carlino: Ha ha yup, this is why im re-making all of those pieces XD And thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job!

I'm pretty sure you have the most complete suit of all the BC members, myself included. Its good to see another member from this province. You may want to look for the operation Callaghan fain movie thread. Its a few members up in whistler who are building a warthog and other awesome for their production.

If you need any advice, prop weapons, etc, just pm me.

Keep up the good work!

-Devious

Am I to understand this is your first attempt? If so - very sweet! Definitely inspired me, a fellow noob!

Lord Devious said:
Great job!

I'm pretty sure you have the most complete suit of all the BC members, myself included. Its good to see another member from this province. You may want to look for the operation Callaghan fain movie thread. Its a few members up in whistler who are building a warthog and other awesome for their production.

If you need any advice, prop weapons, etc, just pm me.

Keep up the good work!

-Devious

Hey thanks! and heck yes! B.C. FTW, my cousin will be starting his suit very quick here actually. AND OMG me and my cousin have been slowly designing (roughly) aspects of making a game accurate Warthog, its something we would like to do in the future here when we a capable financially to undertake a project of that magnitude!.

And thanks again! I just might have to!

Kyuss said:
Am I to understand this is your first attempt? If so - very sweet! Definitely inspired me, a fellow noob!

Yup, before my Helmet, never done a scrap of this before. And thanks! as well, no better way then to do it right? Hell i can put an engine in a car, i should be able to make pep armor (at least thats my mentality XD )

ug i hate it when i scale a piece wrong, i get all depressed after putting a bunch of work into it and don't work on the suit for a while :( lol. but you seem to just keep chugging along, great job! :D

got armour said:
Shoulder and hand plate look a little too big but nice job :D

Thanks, and once again XD thats me getting the measurements to scale them correctly ha ha

owen saber said:
ug i hate it when i scale a piece wrong, i get all depressed after putting a bunch of work into it and don't work on the suit for a while :( lol. but you seem to just keep chugging along, great job! :D

its kinda a pain ya XD but thats ok its a labour of love ha ha

Col Keller said:
you just made this look easy... nice work!

Thanks!

Xeline said:
COD of doom... Lol

Hey man, i need it LOL JK

wow sweet helmet, yours is way tidier than mine (pep and all that) i haven't finished yet but i'd love it if you could check it out, to see where i'm at and perhaps give me some advice :D

Nice! I hope my first pep helmet comes out as nicely as yours did! I agree that the other parts you've posted look a little oversized for you, but the execution of the builds look as good to me as your helmet does.

And I don't think that 3 weeks from first post with helmet to next post with more completed parts (oversized or not) is excessive at all - I went a couple of YEARS between my first few posts and getting back to the group again just recently, and STILL don't have anything even pep'd yet! Though I hope to fix that tonight, actually (trial run with a Mk VI helm from the Hub, this time printed with the numbers attached... :) ).

Chazz Winchester said:
wow sweet helmet, yours is way tidier than mine (pep and all that) i haven't finished yet but i'd love it if you could check it out, to see where i'm at and perhaps give me some advice :D

Thanks! and i totally checked out your topic and gave a few suggestions!

erictank said:
Nice! I hope my first pep helmet comes out as nicely as yours did! I agree that the other parts you've posted look a little oversized for you, but the execution of the builds look as good to me as your helmet does.

And I don't think that 3 weeks from first post with helmet to next post with more completed parts (oversized or not) is excessive at all - I went a couple of YEARS between my first few posts and getting back to the group again just recently, and STILL don't have anything even pep'd yet! Though I hope to fix that tonight, actually (trial run with a Mk VI helm from the Hub, this time printed with the numbers attached... :) ).

Thanks! and im sure it will, all it takes is a little patience XD

As for my delay i suppose your right ha ha, and ya the oversized parts a bit annoying, but meh, its something i just need to deal with XD but im already on that road!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back