Assassin's creed cosplay Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord of Gilneas

Hi guys, I'm relatively new here, and would like to make a assassin's creed cosplay for a anime/gaming convention. Any help is appreciated. Things I'd like advice the most on:

1: Safe Hidden blades that can be easily Shot out and retracted.

2: Vambraces that are sturdy and cheap.

3: Methods on how to reinforce papercraft.

Thank you for any help!

First off, Welcome to the 405th! The answer to your first question, is that a company actually sells the retractable blade, you could prbably find it on amazon.Edit, found it here
I dont have an anser to your 2nd one, i dont really use vambraces,
And the reinforcing papercraft methods are all over this forum, the most popular are fiberglass resin, bondo, fiberglass, etc. If you look at the stickies(the things set at the top of forum pages), they will contain very useful information. Before you delve into the realm of bondo(if you do) I greatly recommend looking at safety precautions of using these materials. Hope you have fun and luck in your endevour(however you spell that) :D.

Thank you HaloSPRTAN for answering, I hope to make the hidden blades myself, however due to not wanting to worry people I probably won't bring it. Still, please post if you've ever made hidden blades. Thank you!

Hello! Welcome to the 405th. I've found a video on youtube that shows you how to make pretty good looking hidden blades. The link is here>
Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
The bracers you are either going to have to make them with craft foam or real leather which you can get from tandy leather factory website craft foam you can. Pick up at micheals as for the blade YouTube has hundreds of tutorials on how to make them also same goes for the.spaulder and belt either foam or real leather

Thank you all for the posts, your help is appreciated. Those look dangerous man! Try not to lose your fingers.

The MK2 is a safer version using a letter opener. MK1 uses a real blade. MK1 was to see if a real hidden blade could be made while still maintaining the AC concept. MK 2 was to see if a slimmer one could be made and much much safer. Still deciding how I want to approach MK 3

My hidden blade breaks down basically into a plastic box that houses the blade and the catch, covered in metal, with metal eyelets, and a cast resin blade. The catch release is attached to a ring that fits over my finger. I pull back on the string, pops the catch, and the blade slides out. The blade as it extends out of the case is two parts, you can see it okay in the second gif where the first part comes out, and the end of the blade comes out of the first part…if that makes sense. I can take some more pictures if you want more clarity.

And, it is Gravity Feed, which does have the unfortunate side effect that the blade will not deploy past 90 Degrees, and it does collapse back in on itself when you lift it up. But, for having it pop out when it’s facing down, it looks cool. The Blade itself was constructed mostly by my Cousin, his website can be found here:
http://www.coroflot.com/gebharkp/Assasins-Creed-Wrist-Blade

tumblr_myyiomll1V1qk037yo2_r1_400.gif

tumblr_myyiomll1V1qk037yo1_r1_400.gif

1620954_382350381902162_860831336_n.png

1621964_382350395235494_1732741885_n.png

75937_382350491902151_562827608_n.jpg

1779689_382350438568823_1982324298_n.png

Attachments

• tumblr_myyiomll1V1qk037yo2_r1_400.gif
    tumblr_myyiomll1V1qk037yo2_r1_400.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 142
  • tumblr_myyiomll1V1qk037yo1_r1_400.gif