First step for cosplay-kind…

Attempted a Mahoraga bust from Jujutsu Kaisen and everything went well up until the very end. Broke some pieces off unfortunately and ended up scrapping it :(
IMG_3338.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3379.jpeg
    IMG_3379.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
  • 72479222347__CE91BF29-3A1D-4AA7-96B0-64D0712E4E36.jpeg
    72479222347__CE91BF29-3A1D-4AA7-96B0-64D0712E4E36.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3367.jpeg
    IMG_3367.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3356.jpeg
    IMG_3356.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 26
  • 72470333900__08A38DBC-A309-4BA3-B592-A8D1789BF6CF.jpeg
    72470333900__08A38DBC-A309-4BA3-B592-A8D1789BF6CF.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 28
Reprinted the headphone desk clamp after taking some advice from some of you. Came out even better! Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_3482.jpeg
    IMG_3482.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3483.jpeg
    IMG_3483.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3484.jpeg
    IMG_3484.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 29
Printed a trash can for my laundry room (for lint and stuff). Came with a swivel top and the top layers came out so smooth! Absolutely in love with these current settings!!

Definitely probably gonna fail on the next print knowing my luck though.

Attachments

• IMG_3494.jpeg
    IMG_3494.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
Bro I didn't know you had a post about all this! I can't wait till you start making your armor !

These are some test prints I recently made to test some settings and really dial in the printer. Learned a piece of valuable information through each one:

The Rengoku Hilt: bottom layer adhesion wasn’t strong enough

Deathly Hallows: top layer didn’t have enough skin overlap percentage

Batman/Superman: z offset was too close to the table

Wings of Freedom: came out perfect just like the anime
IMG_3512.jpeg

Update: Been doing a lot of research on 3-D printing while my printer is down. Hotend was pushed by melted filament which caused a lot of seperate issues

Update: Been doing a lot of research on 3-D printing while my printer is down. Hotend was pushed by melted filament which caused a lot of seperate issues
That's great man!
3D printers can be very temperamental and finnicky. It takes a while to get the hang of them really, but once you do, you're in the green!

If you're going to disassemble the extruder assembly I'd recommend using a camera to get some photos of the disassembly process so you can fit everthing back together correctly.

That's great man!
3D printers can be very temperamental and finnicky. It takes a while to get the hang of them really, but once you do, you're in the green!

If you're going to disassemble the extruder assembly I'd recommend using a camera to get some photos of the disassembly process so you can fit everything back together correctly.
I had someone who has the same exact printer as me help me out and show me how to do it thankfully! Once I did it myself later, I did in fact take photos. Next time (and there will be a next time) I’m going to film and document it for others to reference as well :)

Thinking about printing my cosplay with PLA, can anyone recommend a good place to start looking? As in a good brand and whatnot. I heard of PLA Plus or something and thought about pursuing that as well.

Where abouts are you based? It may be easier to get your hands on some brands over others depending on location. Also, if you live somewhere where it gets quite hot, you may want to consider a plastic less prone to warping, such as PETG.

The benefits of PLA+ over PLA is it is slightly less susceptible to warping and sands a bit easier. But every brand changes what they add to the PLA to give it the "+" so different brands behave differently, however minutely.

Where abouts are you based? It may be easier to get your hands on some brands over others depending on location. Also, if you live somewhere where it gets quite hot, you may want to consider a plastic less prone to warping, such as PETG.

The benefits of PLA+ over PLA is it is slightly less susceptible to warping and sands a bit easier. But every brand changes what they add to the PLA to give it the "+" so different brands behave differently, however minutely.
I’m based in SOCAL, but plan on moving up to Washington. The heat isn’t an issue as my stuff is always stored in a room temperature or cool area.

The heat isn’t an issue as my stuff is always stored in a room temperature or cool area.
Don't forget about when it's out of the house ;)! Like when you're walking around in the sun, or transporting it in the car. Always gotta be careful of car temps when it comes to 3D prints

Don't forget about when it's out of the house ;)! Like when you're walking around in the sun, or transporting it in the car. Always gotta be careful of car temps when it comes to 3D prints
True…and will PLA+ help with that? Or should I just opt for PETG all together. I’d have to upgrade my printer to print at PETG so I’m just trying to avoid that if I can.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back